• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Wow just wow

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wow just wow"

Collapse

• unixman
    replied
    I have no problem with any EU or UK citizen getting pension money out of the EU.

Although it does highlight the rather diamond encrusted nature of EU pensions. At least Farage was voted in by the people. The EU top brass weren't, and neither were the wealthy bureaucrats like Neil Kinnock. Neil's a nice enough chap, but like many on the EU gravy rocket, he is drowning in a torrent of public cash.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    He failed to debate
    Disproved, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlN9o3g-yuA

plus hundreds of other clips in the EU parliament.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Look I would not give the man the steam of my pish.

But he is entitled to the pension for the years he was in the employee of the EU or whatever.

https://www.politico.eu/article/ukip...-nigel-farage/

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    His responsibilities were to his constituents, to represent them and engage in debate and voting in an effort to achieve the best outcome for them. He failed to debate, he failed to vote.
    I was talking about mod responsibilities.

Oh there are none. I forgot. Carry on as you were.....

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    His responsibilities were to his constituents, to represent them and engage in debate and voting in an effort to achieve the best outcome for them. He failed to debate, he failed to vote.
    Is that what his employment contract stated?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Haha. Comedy from you today?

What "rights" are these?
    Who will he take them up with? ECJ, ECHR? Oh yeah, he hates the ECJ and EHCR, doesn't want anything to do with them.
    He campaigned that foreigners should not have rights. He should be forced to live with the consequences of what he preaches, otherwise he is a bigger hypocrite than the people he hates.
    Look I would not give the man the steam of my pish.

But he is entitled to the pension for the years he was in the employee of the EU or whatever.

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    And yet he has been an MEP for 18 years. They keep voting for him/his party (the name of which escapes me, I believe they've disappeared into an abyss)

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What about responsibilities?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

What "rights" are these?
    Who will he take them up with? ECJ, ECHR? Oh yeah, he hates the ECJ and EHCR, doesn't want anything to do with them.
    He campaigned that foreigners should not have rights. He should be forced to live with the consequences of what he preaches, otherwise he is a bigger hypocrite than the people he hates.
    What about responsibilities?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    His divorce bill from his German ex-wife must be racking up
    My father had a German ex-wife. She fell off the back of his motorbike and died. He then spent weeks on a cargo ship off the East coast of Africa.

I bet it was a damned good party.....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Except he didn't work for them.
    1. He rarely ever turned up at meetings (or voted)
    2. He was never working for the EU, always against anything Europe wanted.
    1. Agreed.
    2. He was working for the UK. He will be viewed historically as important as Maggie. And just as divisive.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    It's just important to note that someones rights cannot be removed just because people do not like them.

What "rights" are these?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Except he didn't work for them.
    1. He rarely ever turned up at meetings (or voted)
    2. He was never working for the EU, always against anything Europe wanted.
    Regardless - if his 'employer' at the time had a problem with it then it should have been dealt with at the time.

It's just important to note that someones rights cannot be removed just because people do not like them.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    His divorce bill from his German ex-wife must be racking up

Leave a comment:

Working...
X