• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain has backed itself into a corner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Reality of Brexit begins to sink in

As that great Kentishman Riddley Walker says:

Oh what we ben! Oh what we come to!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      No. But the eastward expansion is seen as provocative by the Russians. Look how close NATO is to St Petersburg. It is simply absurd to suggest that EU expansion has contributed to Ukraine whereas the peace has been kept by NATO despite its expansion.
      It's not absurd at all, read up on it. Just don't look at the first thing on the internet.

Perhaps you and ATW help each other dress in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        It's not absurd at all, read up on it. Just don't look at the first thing on the internet.

Perhaps you and ATW help each other dress in the morning.
        So you don't think that Russia saw NATO's eastward expansion as provocative?

Comment

March 2019....

like this on steroids...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=op...w=1294&bih=708

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            I’ve just re-read the whole thread and pulled out every post that talks about the EU being a force for peace.
            There’s only one person who keeps repeating it.

Just because you repeat something yourself doesn’t mean others said it.
            Post #81 by Blaster

However, I get your point and doing the same as you and re-reading, I have no idea where and how I conjured that up from!

Must have just been a bad day at the office yesterday
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
              Post #81 by Blaster

However, I get your point and doing the same as you and re-reading, I have no idea where and how I conjured that up from!

that's most people all the time on here

nothing new

posters arguing unsubstantiated nonsense with each other welcome to CUK

Milan.

Comment

So you don't think that Russia saw NATO's eastward expansion as provocative?
                Of course it did. Just another of the awful Western policies, we should have pursued better ties with Russia.

Would NATO and the EU be entirely separate in the Russian view though? You are more likely to step in to defend a nation if you have a closer relationship with it on trade and other issues. I suspect Russia sees the EU as part of the Western threat.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                  Post #81 by Blaster

Post 81 he says the EU are more peaceful than UKIP.
                  That’s not saying they are the biggest peacemakers in the world or that they are altruistic.

In terms of peaceful it’s probably something like:
                  Hare Krishna > ... lots of others ... > EU > ...some others ... > UKIP > ...some others ... > Tony Bliar/GWB
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Russia doesn't see the EU as a threat and have made no negative comments about an EU army.

Russian - EU partnership
                    Last edited by BlasterBates; 5 October 2017, 08:37.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Post 81 he says the EU are more peaceful than UKIP.
                      That’s not saying they are the biggest peacemakers in the world or that they are altruistic.

In terms of peaceful it’s probably something like:
                      Hare Krishna > ... lots of others ... > EU > ...some others ... > UKIP > ...some others ... > Tony Bliar/GWB
                      It was only tongue in cheek that I mentioned post #81 (due to it being after the fact anyway)
                      (Also his "all 3" reply to what he's quoted in #81 does proclaim the EU )

I like your flow chart though
                      (Hare Krishna? I'm guessing until the Rohingya crisis started, Buddhists would have traditionally held top spot?)
                      Originally posted by Old Greg
                      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                      X