• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business begs for clarity on Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    Because you want Brexit to fail so you can sit back with a smug grin on your face and say post on an online forum, "I told all you Brexiteers so.."
    Brexit has already failed.

It failed before the referendum. But now all hope is gone that someone could save it.

True, we could leave the EU but I doubt very much these muppets are going to be allowed by the grown-ups to do that.

But if we did, it would not produce what the Brexitdreamers voted for: bounteous trade with far flung countries, no foreigners everywhere you look, pride in our new imperial future, disbandment of all the laws that stop you doing what you don't want to do even though it's patently in the best interests of society as a whole.

And no grins - it's very sad for a country that is already going down the pan.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

JP Morgan bearish on the pound.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...eform-j67pyxcg

What markets will focus on is this idea that the core of Europe, France and Germany, are working toward a stronger European Union, making a push toward reform that we haven’t seen in a number of years,” Sheets said. “That’s structurally bullish for the euro.”

The common currency has soared 12 percent against the dollar this year amid improving economic growth and as fears of a populist revolt against the European Union diminished when pro-establishment politicians won elections in France and the Netherlands. A vote in Germany next month is giving more cause for optimism as polls suggest German Chancellor Angela Merkel will comfortably win a fourth term.
      Meanwhile, the bank is bearish on the pound, and not only because of its bullish outlook for the euro. It reckons sterling is poised for another downward march amid weak growth, low inflation-adjusted yields and increased political uncertainty as it exits the European Union.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Because you want Brexit to fail ...
        I see. So in your view, hard Brexit is Brexit failure. What would be a Brexit success then?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I see. So in your view, hard Brexit is Brexit failure. What would be a Brexit success then?
          The OP simply want to be free of the EU red tape that allows the UK to sell goods and services freely across the single market.

Comment

Because you want Brexit to fail so you can sit back with a smug grin on your face and say post on an online forum, "I told all you Brexiteers so.."
            We all want to do that. You voted out, so suffer the consequences.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              We all want to do that. You voted out, so suffer the consequences.
              Growth to accelerate as UK economy bounces back 

Damn, not what was predicted.

WHY CAN'T THE UK ECONOMY CRASH! IS IT NOT READING THE GUARDIAN, BBC AND THE INDEPENDENT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                Growth to accelerate as UK economy bounces back*

WHY CAN'T THE UK ECONOMY CRASH! IS IT NOT READING THE GUARDIAN, BBC AND THE INDEPENDENT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!
                A Telegraph article that quotes someone who completely ignores the latest stats that exports have fallen in spite of the fall in the pound and bizarrely claims they'll be the engine of growth?
                I never though that my country would become a banana republic but its happening before my eyes.
                Pravda has nothing on this.

oh just checked the date. Just before the stats came out
                Last edited by sasguru; 11 August 2017, 21:20.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                  Growth to accelerate as UK economy bounces back*

Bounce back from what?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    How can Brexit possibly fail? Anyway it's no skin off my back, I'm not affected in any way, either way.
                    Well then why not try to STFU and stick to topics you have some knowledge about.....if any actually exist?

HTH BISDI

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X