• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hammond blames Brexit for Tory election failure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    There is already a clear winner. Its just second place to be decided.
    We're not even halfway through the year yet! NigelUK or GB9 might turn up again yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      No, fair point; cretin-status is more of an "unattainable aspiration" in your case, love.
      Had you down as accountancy type maybe SAP or PA definitely not scientific type, now with the "love" bit on the end of that statement more leaning on a shovel type while posting on a smartphone.

Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        We're not even halfway through the year yet! NigelUK or GB9 might turn up again yet.
        Only in a re-run...

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
          Had you down as accountancy type maybe SAP or PA definitely not scientific type, now with the "love" bit on the end of that statement more leaning on a shovel type while posting on a smartphone.

He's certainly not a business type given how he got completed shafted by his agent.
          Last edited by sasguru; 15 June 2017, 11:26.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            I'm actually quite chuffed that you think I'm a "thick, ignorant cretin" because that's how you seem to describe anyone who doesn't share your views, particularly about the EU. Are you scared you might be wrong?
            No I describe thick, ignorant cretins as thick, ignorant cretins whether or not they happen to share my views.

HTH.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Ambrose says as much in the Telegraph, that the push for a Hard Brexit is going to result in no Brexit at all.

A hard Brexit risks no Brexit at all

I've a lot of time for Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, but in that article (as much of it I could read without paying!) he misses a massive point that invalidates his whole idea of an orderly Brexit over several or many years: Most MPs and MSM media outlets (such as the BBC), now and probably for the foreseeable future, are against Brexit and will be fighting ceaselessly to undermine and dilute it.

So now, because of a combination of political misjudgements (e.g. by Cameron) and good luck, we have an opportunity for a complete Brexit we should go at it hammer and tongs and get the damned thing done decisively, contrary to what he claims.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                I've a lot of time for Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, but in that article (as much of it I could read without paying!) he misses a massive point that invalidates his whole idea of an orderly Brexit over several or many years: Most MPs and MSM media outlets (such as the BBC), now and probably for the foreseeable future, are against Brexit and will be fighting ceaselessly to undermine and dilute it.

So now, because of a combination of political misjudgements (e.g. by Cameron) and good luck, we have an opportunity for a complete Brexit we should go at it hammer and tongs and get the damned thing done decisively, contrary to what he claims.
                That's what the government was trying to do, but the General election has torpedo'd their plan. Remain Tories deserted the party. There will be another election and if the economy tanks that means a Labour government. If you read their manifesto they are not committed to a Hard Brexit, and further more they probably won't get a majority so it will be a "coalition of chaos" they will have to call a second referendum, an SNP and Lib Dem demand. In the midst of an economic downturn that will basically destroy Brexit.

The only hope to get a Brexit is for the Hard Brexiteers to reach out to Remain Tories. That doesn't look like it will happen because they can't accept the GE result, which rejected Hard Brexit.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 15 June 2017, 13:45.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Ambrose is magnificent.

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post

Wrong on all counts. Except for the shovel...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X