• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hammond blames Brexit for Tory election failure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hammond blames Brexit for Tory election failure

Hammond - young people voted Labour to stop Brexit

We can see where this is heading, can't we, he is even talking directly with his counterparts in Europe.

I'm alright Jack

I know what you mean, but it seems unlikely that he'd be sacked in current circumstances

But there's no harm in "consultation". None at all. Just like the Brexit Select Committee.

Steve Baker can solicit views

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      I know what you mean, but it seems unlikely that he'd be sacked in current circumstances

But there's no harm in "consultation". None at all. Just like the Brexit Select Committee.

Steve Baker can solicit views
      Sack him? They can't afford the lost vote in the Commons.

Comment

So when May appears at the negotiations next week presumably the EU commission will be quaking in its boots when May say that the government is fully behind her for a Hard Brexit.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Sack him? They can't afford the lost vote in the Commons.
          Precisely. Seems very unlikely. However, in his defence, he's been revisiting the idea of the CU on a biweekly basis, so he's at least consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Precisely. Seems very unlikely. However, in his defence, he's been revisiting the idea of the CU on a biweekly basis, so he's at least consistent.
            CU? The university Christian Union? I thought that was the Liberal chap.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

He should get back to learning how to drive a bloody electric car rather than meddling in things he knows nothing about.

Comment

Good to see there's someone left from the proper Tory party.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  So when May appears at the negotiations next week presumably the EU commission will be quaking in its boots when May say that the government is fully behind her for a Hard Brexit.

May won't get a word in edgeways.

Comment

Brexit was irrelevant:

Foxes
                    Kids dinners
                    Dementia tax
                    Police cuts (terrorism)
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                    X