• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit R.I.P.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    As election campaigns go, it was an utter car crash. You just know there were people in the background saying "all you have to do is turn up, and you'll easily beat the Marxist wannabee". I have no doubt there were advisors saying the election was a bad idea because Corbyn was the gift that just keeps on giving, and it would be a shame to have him booted out so soon.
    When your flagship policy scares the living sh!t out of a large number your core voters, don't be surprised when those same voters get a whacking dose of cold feet.
    She made the wrong call. In the real world, we'd all get fired for that. The very least she should do is resign. On the plus side, I think we've heard the last of "strong and stable".
    I don't think Brexit is dead, it's just become a hell of a lot more difficult to achieve. Thanks Mrs May. Thanks for f**k all.
    It's "Safe and Secure" now.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      As election campaigns go, it was an utter car crash. You just know there were people in the background saying "all you have to do is turn up, and you'll easily beat the Marxist wannabee". I have no doubt there were advisors saying the election was a bad idea because Corbyn was the gift that just keeps on giving, and it would be a shame to have him booted out so soon.
      When your flagship policy scares the living sh!t out of a large number your core voters, don't be surprised when those same voters get a whacking dose of cold feet.
      She made the wrong call. In the real world, we'd all get fired for that. The very least she should do is resign. On the plus side, I think we've heard the last of "strong and stable".
      I don't think Brexit is dead, it's just become a hell of a lot more difficult to achieve. Thanks Mrs May. Thanks for f**k all.
      I think it's not a bad as all that. You might well see May last a few months, a Conservative leadership contest and then another General Election. In the same way the SNP seem to have reached their high water mark, Corbyn facing say Johnston might be a totally different thing. The Conservatives have room to up their game. Corbyn's cards are all on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        I think it's not a bad as all that. You might well see May last a few months, a Conservative leadership contest and then another General Election. In the same way the SNP seem to have reached their high water mark, Corbyn facing say Johnston might be a totally different thing. The Conservatives have room to up their game. Corbyn's cards are all on the table.
        That would surely be a Corbyn landslide.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

Yep, Johnson would be the end of the line for the Conservatives

Bring it on

It will be fecking funny to watch

Popcorn anybody

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            This.

Corbyn is good at speaking logically and campaigning.

Boris lies.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Boris is sooooo Alan B'stard

Damn funny to watch, and if he succeeds to become leader he'll be the nail in the coffin

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                It's going to be super hard Brexit now.

Tories will adopt scorched earth policy.

HTH
                WHS - The DUP and the minority of hard-Brexit Tory MPs (about 25% I believe) now hold the whip hand in any important Brexit-related votes

So those Remainers like milan gloating about the result might find their hilarity somewhat premature
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  WHS - The DUP and the minority of hard-Brexit Tory MPs (about 25% I believe) now hold the whip hand in any important Brexit-related votes

So those Remainers like milan gloating about the result might find their hilarity somewhat premature
                  it's over dude, just accept it

this was all planned and perfectly executed and will continue to be

Milan.

Comment

It's been expert manipulation by bremainer May and the elite since they got handed a brexit vote.

No way did May go to the vote on her government just to get a few more seats majority, when the risk is some seats were so precarious barely any swing was needed to lose them, as we've seen.

One SNP seat was lost to Lib Dem by just 2 votes. * Something else 'they' wanted to sort out by another election, SNP's almost total control of Scotland and them pushing for another vote on the UK.

* shame that wasn't Alex Salmond's just for the double whammy.
                    Last edited by Hobosapien; 9 June 2017, 12:46.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Funny how this place has turned into a bear pit. It's like the internet as a whole. CUK used to be one of the few boards where people all rubbed along together now long since past.

It used to be the case that you'd have a bit of a moan down the pub to your friends that that would be the sum total. Today it's turned into a quasi religious quest pursued via a keyboard. The internet - good for shopping and hobbies - shi5e for most other things.

Comment

Working...
                      X