• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How the UK Government is making a successful Brexit Difficult

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the UK Government is making a successful Brexit Difficult

from the FT:

https://www.ft.com/content/ea5c01f1-...b-4cfe439243f3

seems the government is sabotaging their own Brexit.

Actually a friend of mine already made the same conclusion a couple of months ago so this FT article only goes to reinforce the school of thought

Milan.

Spot on, the EU has a clear well thought through position on the fate of EU and also British citizens "cut adrift" but can anyone explain the British position other than their disagreement with the EU.

I can't find any clear statements on what the PM wants on this other than she would "like to do a deal" and the fact that she disagrees with the EU position.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

By posting the details on an FT site no-one can see?
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Spot on, the EU has a clear well thought through position on the fate of EU and also British citizens "cut adrift" but can anyone explain the British position other than their disagreement with the EU.

I can't find any clear statements on what the PM wants on this other than she would "like to do a deal" and the fact that she disagrees with the EU position.

The EU bureaucrats may have stated their clear position but they have so far refused to negotiate that position with the UK, which is why the UK can't have a position yet. We (presumably) want it to be an early and mutually beneficial agreement but the macho men of the EU are only interested in being macho men. Could tit be that deep down they recognise their position as untenable and one of their most valuable members is about to disappear without paying them anything?

Most of the EU-derived noise is because they want the UK to keep paying to keep their little self-serving clique alive so they can continue their federalist dreams.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          The EU bureaucrats may have stated their clear position but they have so far refused to negotiate that position with the UK, which is why the UK can't have a position yet. We (presumably) want it to be an early and mutually beneficial agreement but the macho men of the EU are only interested in being macho men. Could tit be that deep down they recognise their position as untenable and one of their most valuable members is about to disappear without paying them anything?

Most of the EU-derived noise is because they want the UK to keep paying to keep their little self-serving clique alive so they can continue their federalist dreams.
          When I go into a negotiation I state what I want, The reason the UK isn't stating what they want is because they don't know.

This is going to be a complex negotiation and it is clear that the UK is going to make terrible mess of it because they don't know what they want.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

The UK can't have a position?

Comment

When I go into a negotiation I state what I want, The reason the UK isn't stating what they want is because they don't know.

This is going to be a complex negotiation and it is clear that the UK is going to make terrible mess of it because they don't know what they want.

We ?

Comment

Nonsense. They just haven't blurted it all over the press yet.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

It's simpler than that, I reckon, and perhaps partly explains why the election was called when it was.

I think May & co concluded some time ago that their red lines would never be agreed by the EU, and the negotiations would simply drag on with increasing rancour and disruption and no agreement. So they plan to simply cut loose cleanly and start trading on WTO terms and then take it from there.

The Tories simply need a clear five year term to let the dust settle, give the EU time to see that a trade deal is to their advantage as well as the UK's, and hopefully to sew up a favourable deal.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

What do we want?
                    We want Brexit,
                    When do we want it?
                    Now

Seriously there seems to be only animosity in the EU and the determination the UK have to lose.

That hardly seems professional, not sure why the Bremoaners seem to think they can defend it.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X