• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off topic, but there is a bottle of Slivovitz in front of me screaming “drink me”
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

I start by talking about peace in Europe and you scale it up to the northern hemisphere. Thick as a whale omelette you are.
      I think you will find that Europe IS entirely in the northern hemisphere. And that the "Peace" that has existed has been down to the presence of NATO troops rather than the mountains of bureaucracy that have emanated from the talking shop in Brussels.

HTH BIDI

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        I think you will find that Europe IS entirely in the northern hemisphere. And that the "Peace" that has existed has been down to the presence of NATO troops rather than the mountains of bureaucracy that have emanated from the talking shop in Brussels.

HTH BIDI

I always think the fact that most of the nations can turn their opponents capital city into glass within minutes might have a bit of a part in it. Either that or Pakistan, Israel & Korea wasted their money!

Not sure knowing what grade a Banana is has saved bloodshed. Serbia & Russia's invasion of Georgia sort of suggest the EU did F all for peace.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          You still have not explained what is racist about wanting to control your borders.
          Wanting to control your borders is not racist. Racists want to prevent anyone who isn't of approved ethnic origin coming in, and call that "controlling the borders"; this is the attitude that you (and others), and I'm sure inadvertently, are broadcasting.

HTH
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Racists want to prevent anyone who isn't of approved ethnic origin coming in, and call that "controlling the borders"; this is the attitude that you (and others), and I'm sure inadvertently, are broadcasting.

HTH
            Just possibly, the way your tiny mind (and others) is processing these messages is causing you to get the wrong end of the stick?
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Just possibly, the way your tiny mind (and others) is processing these messages is causing you to get the wrong end of the stick?
              no he is a highly educated bremoaner he can't be wrong
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Wanting to control your borders is not racist. Racists want to prevent anyone who isn't of approved ethnic origin coming in, and call that "controlling the borders"; this is the attitude that you (and others), and I'm sure inadvertently, are broadcasting.

HTH
                I think you need to explain that
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Wrexiters don't know what they want. Their illustrious leader May whatsit doesn't even know.

The EU has achieved so much for citizens who live there it is astounding. Compare the progress the EU has made in the last 40 years to that of America. I know which continent I'd rather live on without at doubt. Europe continues to be one of the most desirable parts of the world. And the U.S.—a country that is in serious decline both economically and in terms of civil liberties—needs to take a close look at some of the things that European countries are doing right.
                  We don't want our laws created in a different country or indeed a central European government. There, that was easy, wasn't it.

What has the US got to do with anything?

The EU is the most backward and outdated organisation I can think of, only comparable with FIFA. At a time when people are calling for greater devolution, the EU is going in the opposite direction. Just think how the people of the USSR fought to escape the powers of Russia, whereas you want to walk into an equivalent. How do you justify the treatment of Greece? You really don't realise what you are doing.

And peace has far more to do with improvements in communications and weapons technology. I notice that the EU didn't rush to the aid of Yugoslavia or the Ukraine even though they were just next door.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                    We don't want our laws created in a different country or indeed a central European government. There, that was easy, wasn't it.

What has the US got to do with anything?

The EU is the most backward and outdated organisation I can think of, only comparable with FIFA. At a time when people are calling for greater devolution, the EU is going in the opposite direction. Just think how the people of the USSR fought to escape the powers of Russia, whereas you want to walk into an equivalent. How do you justify the treatment of Greece? You really don't realise what you are doing.

And peace has far more to do with improvements in communications and weapons technology. I notice that the EU didn't rush to the aid of Yugoslavia or the Ukraine even though they were just next door.
                    It is hard to think of a more backward and outdated organisation than the EU with its hereditary monarchy and house of lords.

Comment

HTH BIDI

NATO demonstrated its failure preventing the invasion of Iraq. You argue it keeps the peace, it did anything but when called out. To suggest it does so in Europe... you're probably one of those types who believes Trident helps to deter terrorists. Russia is all threat on news headlines and nothing more. The economy is shot, the military equipment ageing.. Most Russians like Europe, they'd never support a conflict with Europe. I thought you travelled?

Europe has been at peace because it is not an aggressor. Many of the big European players would shy away from conflicts whilst we charge in gun ho to Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan creating a vacuum for terrorists.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X