• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Not sure knowing what grade a Banana is has saved bloodshed. Serbia & Russia's invasion of Georgia sort of suggest the EU did F all for peace.
    Remind me again what part of Europe Georgia is in?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      NATO demonstrated its failure preventing the invasion of Iraq.
      Didn't realise Iraq had anything to do with the North Atlantic area.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Remind me again what part of Europe Georgia is in?
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_(country)
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          We don't want our laws created in a different country or indeed a central European government. There, that was easy, wasn't it.

What has the US got to do with anything?
          The US = the world. When they say jump the UK performs a gold wining triple jump without a pole.

The application of EU law "The authorities in each member country are responsible for implementing EU legislation in national law and enforcing it correctly, and they must guarantee citizens’ rights under these laws."

In other words these laws are advisory, that's always been Italy's position and to an extent France. In the UK however we chose super flying TNT rather than shaping a solution that suits everyone.

You think it's bad now? Wait until we're no longer at the table. And the EU changes law for the better while the Tories transport us back to a feudal utopia.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

"a country in the Caucasus of SW Asia"

It's more Russia/Asia. The day Georgia is part of Europe I'm heading for the off.

Comment

The US = the world. When they say jump the UK performs a gold wining triple jump without a pole.
              So when Obarmy threatened us with plague should we vote leave, did we:

a) bow down in subservience to our Lord and Master, the USA; or

b) did we say, 'go forth you dozy American numpty, we do what we want in this country'?

Your arguments really don't stack.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                It is hard to think of a more backward and outdated organisation than the EU with its hereditary monarchy and house of lords.
                Is that the same organisation that has devolved a lot of power to the Welsh, Scots and Irish? Brought in regional mayors and is looking at even more local decision making? Or is it the one that wants to create a central EU government and take power away from its member states? FIFA.

Comment

"a country in the Caucasus of SW Asia"

It's more Russia/Asia. The day Georgia is part of Europe I'm heading for the off.
                  Oh sorry I thought you were claiming the EU had prevented war. Obviously it only prevented war on a Thursday involving people whose name started with Z...
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Oh sorry I thought you were claiming the EU had prevented war. Obviously it only prevented war on a Thursday involving people whose name started with Z...
                    Here's what I said:

"Not sure how peace in Europe, the progress the EU has made, could be mutually exclusive events. Cooperation between member states for the benefit of the greater whole has only made the EU stronger in some ways."

Peace IN Europe.

Why do brexiters only read what they want to read and not what is written?

Comment

NATO demonstrated its failure preventing the invasion of Iraq. You argue it keeps the peace, it did anything but when called out. To suggest it does so in Europe... you're probably one of those types who believes Trident helps to deter terrorists. Russia is all threat on news headlines and nothing more. The economy is shot, the military equipment ageing.. Most Russians like Europe, they'd never support a conflict with Europe. I thought you travelled?

Europe has been at peace because it is not an aggressor. Many of the big European players would shy away from conflicts whilst we charge in gun ho to Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan creating a vacuum for terrorists.
                      Just align the above with Ukraine for me, would you?

Comment

Working...
                      X