• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antman View Post
    You are PJClarke and I claim my five pounds.
    I have no idea what this means, but my curiosity is high enough to ask!
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Do you think the Tories thought that they could reduce non EU migration? if they did I have not seen any policies showing that they even attempted to do it. unless they were banking on concessions from the EU what on earth did they think they were doing?

David Cameron's close ally Oliver Letwin: Our biggest immigration mistake was not challenging Ukip enough | The Independent
      from that

On the contrary, properly controlled migration enriches the country in every sense."
      so they did understand the problem just that they couldn't be bothered to fix it.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        from that

so they did understand the problem just that they couldn't be bothered to fix it.
        What was needed is increased infrastructure to transition the increase in population. They should have taxed all money sent abroad at 50% to pay for it (less my 20% for having the idea in the first place)
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Do you think the Tories thought that they could reduce non EU migration? if they did I have not seen any policies showing that they even attempted to do it. unless they were banking on concessions from the EU what on earth did they think they were doing?

David Cameron's close ally Oliver Letwin: Our biggest immigration mistake was not challenging Ukip enough | The Independent
          They thought they could reduce ALL migration to under 100k. There's not a lot they could have done about EU migration, but they've done nothing about non-EU either:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10071710.html

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            They thought they could reduce ALL migration to under 100k. There's not a lot they could have done about EU migration, but they've done nothing about non-EU either:

David Cameron immigration pledge 'failed spectacularly' as figures show net migration almost three times as high as Tories promised | The Independent
            Why did they even bother? With UKIP breathing down their necks they were never going to get away with it
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Everything is OK. Alex is now involved...

Former Scottish first minister Alex Salmond holds talks over 'Norway model' - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                oh good Fer King Alex
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I don't understand why Scotland can't have it's own arrangement, Lichtenstein, Andorra, Monaco, the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey all have theirs.

Nothing more than some political will.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    I don't understand why Scotland can't have it's own arrangement, Lichtenstein, Andorra, Monaco, the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey all have theirs.

Nothing more than some political will.
                    You don't understand that Scotland voted to remain in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      You don't understand that Scotland voted to remain in the UK?
                      Jersey is also part of the UK.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X