• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Goodness, I'm shocked. Shocked.

How odd I heard on the news earlier 60 Tory MPs wanted hard Brexit.

Oh well looks like they and the EU won't get their wish.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Apparently Blair is trying to come back. Heaven help us.

Italy 4th December is the one to watch for.

Comment

Interesting take on things!
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Interesting take on things!
          fairly accurate in my opinion.

The richer people want to remain, they don't care about those at the bottom who will be ground under to put a few pence on the share price.

The Scottish desperate to escape the UK will leap into the pan with Greece.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            fairly accurate in my opinion.

The richer people want to remain, they don't care about those at the bottom who will be ground under to put a few pence on the share price.

The Scottish desperate to escape the UK will leap into the pan with Greece.
            With open doors immigration the rich can have all the cheap labour they need whilst those at the bottom end of the spectrum can be locked away and ignored.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              With open doors immigration the rich can have all the cheap labour they need whilst those at the bottom end of the spectrum can be locked away and ignored.
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

May had an opportunity for the past 6 years as Home Secretary to control non-EU immigration, and even with targets in the 10's of thousands that immigration rose and rose.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  May had an opportunity for the past 6 years as Home Secretary to control non-EU immigration, and even with targets in the 10's of thousands that immigration rose and rose.
                  tell me how exactly she could have achieved that with open doors migration ?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

tell me how exactly she could have achieved that with open doors migration ?
                    she could have decreased immigration from non EU sources and only taken top applicants. We don't need anymore Cousins to marry or uneducated labour.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      she could have decreased immigration from non EU sources and only taken top applicants. We don't need anymore Cousins to marry or uneducated labour.
                      I agree.

But immigrants push demand for housing, and housing drives our economy.

Which is why nothing has been done to address the shortage of housing.
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X