• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff (part 2)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's quite possible that the PIIGS may eventually fall by the wayside - or become a second tier - as the EU and Euro involves.
    But some form of EU is here to stay, there's been too much political, social and economic capital invested over generations.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      It bounced back because Davies mentioned the possibility of soft brexit.

Soft Brexit rumours - pound up
      Hard Brexit rumours - pound down.

What the markets are saying about the relative prospects of Britain in those 2 scenarios should penetrate even thick Brexiters noggins.
      I see you haven't cured your naivety of how the markets work during your time off.

And just for clarity, he was responding to a question with the straight bat answer. Not ruled in, not ruled out.

Comment

And yet I want hard Brexit.
        So you voted Leave then?
        If you didn't then your claims to "want" it are highly questionable.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          I expect he did. And, much like your post, he had not really checked the small print or even the

In fact what he had managed to "negotiate" for us was the equivalent of a food convoy turning up to Aleppo with a small box of out-of-date crisps and a couple of bottles of flat Cola.
          No doubt that impressed the pants off a simpleton like you, but the more discerning voter saw it for what it was. Worthless.
          Yeah we're going to get a much better deal now
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

So you voted Leave then?
            If you didn't then your claims to "want" it are highly questionable.
            The intelligent adapt.
            I voted Remain because it was good for the country.
            Remain lost, and the cretins won, so now I have to make the best of it and profit from the ensuing chaos*.

HTH

*FWIW I don't think there will be too much chaos because there's no stomach for a hard Brexit.
            We're just going to get a wishy-washy, worst of all worlds, pleasing no one kind of deal.
            Last edited by sasguru; 2 December 2016, 11:05.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              It doesn't really help when we are in a phony war with no one revealing anything.
              The Government is playing a blinder .... they've got the Civil Service working out the details .... and nobody has a clue what they are going to ask for, what they are prepared to give away or how they are going to approach it.

Ideal position to be in pre-negotiation.

In our 24-hour-news-and-continually-twittering society though both sides want it "done now". But given the complexity of BREXIT that's not practicle or desirable.

In actual news, the important bit is probably Italy's referendum on Sunday. Looks like No will win, and with that it will be a general election.

And if that goes the way most people expect it to, another referendum will follow to replace the Euro with the Lira...
              And there's an Austrian election this weekend for ( as far as I understand, a largely ceremonial ) President. Last time a far-right character, narrowly lost, so narrowly that the result was overturned by the Austrian courts.

Comment

Yeah we're going to get a much better deal now
                Well that remains to be seen. The point you are missing is that a huge number of those who voted Leave did it BECAUSE they want the opportunity to renegotiate our position. Whether or not we end up with a better or worse deal is largely immaterial, it is the principle that WE as a sovereign nation get to bargain on our own behalf that matters.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                  I see you haven't cured your naivety of how the markets work during your time off.

Yes I do wish I was a millionaire like you
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

The self-centred adapt.
                    I voted Remain because it was good for me, and because I couldn't care a flying fook for the oiks!
                    ftfy

Comment

Well that remains to be seen. The point you are missing is that a huge number of those who voted Leave did it BECAUSE they are idiots.
                      FTFY
                      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                      X