• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit rebellion building in Parliament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Get back in your cell biatch. And stop fantasising about the ugly old trout. She's running around making claims she hasn't got a hope in hell of delivering in the hope that someone thinks she is important enough for the EU to do a deal with.
    Hate such as yours has no place in our future.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Reality has no place in my (wet) dreams.
      FTFY
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Get back in your cell biatch. And stop fantasising about the ugly old trout. She's running around making claims she hasn't got a hope in hell of delivering in the hope that someone thinks she is important enough for the EU to do a deal with.
        Moved onto the anger stage?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Hate such as yours has no place in our future.
          Oh feck off and stop deluding yourself.

You are still in denial. Your glorious leader doesn't have half the clout you think she does. Your arrogance and self-importance does nothing except give a load of us a bloody good laugh.

Fact: England voted to leave. So did Wales. Scotland voted to stay.

I have no problem with Scotland wanting to leave the UK and join Europe. If that's what you want then do it, but stop trying to threaten a country with far more voters who gave a clear mandate to leave. There are a whole host of things the UK parliament could do to feck over Scotland but it's not that childish.

And I don't hate you. I feel sorry for you for your pathetic insecurity.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Moved onto the anger stage?
            Is there a 'can't stop laughing at the deluded Scot' stage? If not, there should be.

Comment

Is there a 'can't stop laughing at the deluded Scot' stage? If not, there should be.
              Subset of denial.

Comment

Subset of denial.
                One is amused.

Comment

FPTP is a funny thing. If only one party seeks explicitly to stay in the EU the Brexit vote gets split.
                  Think about that for a minute. The Lib Dems aren't going to command a majority, and they aren't going to propose that everyone votes for another party (). The SNP hold all of the seats in Scotland, give or take. UKIP will be off in a corner kicking themselves, but I think we know their position ().

Which leaves Labour. The party that came out of this referendum with the biggest kicking of all. Most of their leadership now seem to support changes to freedom of movement.

I follow your argument, in principle, but, as we've seen from both sides of this EU campaign, principles don't count for much.

The new Tory PM isn't going to propose a new GE unless it's obviously winnable. But I do propose that it will be obviously winnable.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Law forum, believe it or not, I have law degree....

People that know more than me, but yeah, it's all theorising, guess they're getting off on the legal niceties....

Basically about Art.48 which is how Greenland left the EU, which is basically an amendment of EU membership, it would need to be ratified by all the 28 countries of the EU and the European Parliament. But that would be the case for a Brexit deal under Article 50 anyway, so both have the same level of difficulty.

There is precedent though, though Art 48 isn't 'leaving' in my short span of trying to read the thing without falling asleep.
                    Constitutional lawyers, as with all lawyers, make their money by over-complicating things and disagreeing with each other. However, this isn't a point of detail. It's about how you ignore a referendum result without destroying our democracy. I understand that some (remainers) will want to focus on the details (Stage 2 ), but the result is going to lead inexorably to our departure, under terms to be agreed.

Comment

Oh feck off and stop deluding yourself.

You are still in denial. Your glorious leader doesn't have half the clout you think she does. Your arrogance and self-importance does nothing except give a load of us a bloody good laugh.

Fact: England voted to leave. So did Wales. Scotland voted to stay.

I have no problem with Scotland wanting to leave the UK and join Europe. If that's what you want then do it, but stop trying to threaten a country with far more voters who gave a clear mandate to leave. There are a whole host of things the UK parliament could do to feck over Scotland but it's not that childish.

And I don't hate you. I feel sorry for you for your pathetic insecurity.
                      Well said, thankyou

Comment

Working...
                      X