• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit rebellion building in Parliament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    why is this in General, and not with all the other krap in the B***** basement?
    It predates the transformation of General into a safe space for gammons. One of them will be triggered soon enough and it will be moved.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      It predates the transformation of General into a safe space for gammons. One of them will be triggered soon enough and it will be moved.
      get back in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        get back in the hole
        Here is a calming picture for you.

Comment

Here is a calming picture for you.

Litterlout!

Comment

The key problem has always been this:

If the EU gave us a good deal there would be a queue around the block to leave the EU, it's not been a great success. The idea is good enough but the execution has not been inspiring and it's caused a lot of serious economic problems in individual member states. It's a neoliberal experiment and it is not as popular in Europe as some people here make out in Europe.

Thus we were always facing a "no deal" exit and the civil service should have been preparing for one from the first day after the referrendum but they did not because they are delusional and incompetant beyond measure, hoped to forge a plan for exit in name only.

It's high time the adults took the helm.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
              The key problem has always been this:

If the EU gave us a good deal there would be a queue around the block to leave the EU, it's not been a great success. The idea is good enough but the execution has not been inspiring and it's caused a lot of serious economic problems in individual member states. It's a neoliberal experiment and it is not as popular in Europe as some people here make out in Europe.

Thus we were always facing a "no deal" exit and the civil service should have been preparing for one from the first day after the referrendum but they did not because they are delusional and incompetant beyond measure, hoped to forge a plan for exit in name only.

It's high time the adults took the helm.
              What a load of nonsense.

The only reason the Withdrawal Agreement has taken so long is because of the difficulties surrounding the U.K. border with Ireland and the unique circumstances of the GFA. Any other country is free to leave if they want to, but there doesn’t seem to be a queue.

“No Deal” Brexit was never prepared for in the first 18 months because it was then known as “catastrophic” Brexit and there is/was both no mandate for one, nor any majority in Parliament for one. “Easiest deal in history”, remember? The Civil Service get their orders from the government, so if the DExEU didn’t prepare for no deal, then that’s squarely on the minister responsible.

Incompetent beyond measure is right. That would be the Brexiters in charge. Davis, Fox, Raab, etc.

Comment

I’m just tired of it all and the viciousness and lack of tolerance that's spilling into other areas of life.

I’ll squash it when I see it or I’m alerted to it.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  I’m just tired of it all and the viciousness and lack of tolerance that's spilling into other areas of life.

I’ll squash it when I see it or I’m alerted to it.
                  You should learn to be more tolerant of the viciousness. It's not really even started yet. See what happens if Brexit is cancelled or if there is no deal and the just in time supply chains break down.

Comment

You should learn to be more tolerant of the viciousness. It's not really even started yet. See what happens if Brexit is cancelled or if there is no deal and the just in time supply chains break down.
                    Unfortunately, the media in particular the DM, Exp, and politicians such as Farage have made bexiters get into a frenzy there will be violence if there is no hard brexit.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

if there is no deal and the just in time supply chains break down.
                      We should prioritise the supply of comfort blankets, Rosacea supplements and bedtime stories to CUK expats.

Comment

Working...
                      X