• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why you will want to vote Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why you will want to vote Brexit

Who Loses the Most From ‘Brexit’? Try Goldman Sachs - WSJ

Among those leading the charge is Goldman Sachs. For three years, the bank’s executives have publicly warned about the downsides of leaving the EU. The bank has donated around $700,000 to a group which is lobbying against Brexit, according to a person familiar with the matter. Its executives have signed warning letters to major British newspapers. An EU flag currently flutters above its London headquarters. Last fall the bank organized events on the sidelines of opposition Labour and governing Conservative party conferences to debate the role of the U.K. in Europe.

During the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in January in Switzerland, Gary Cohn, president of Goldman Sachs, reiterated a well-rehearsed warning. “It is imperative for the U.K. to keep the financial-services industry in the U.K.,” he said, adding, “I don’t know what would replace that industry.”

The advocacy by U.S. banks has antagonized those, often at smaller brokers or hedge funds, who say the U.K. financial sector would be less heavily regulated outside the EU and thrive. “Why would the Americans be interested in what is good for the U.K.?” said Howard Shore, executive chairman of Shore Capital Group PLC, an investment group. “They are interested in what is good for their bank.”

Vote Brexit and sink the dirty spekulative US banks!

Plus sovereignty, saving the NHS, TTIP. Why anyone would vote to stay in is beyond me
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      Plus sovereignty, saving the NHS, TTIP. Why anyone would vote to stay in is beyond me
      If you are so certain of yourself, and can't see the other side of the argument, you are almost certainly wrong.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

The main reason given is that it would be too complex to get out.

Comment

European Parliament President Schulz warns of ′implosion of EU′ | News | DW.COM | 12.04.2016

Comment

GS are a lovely bunch. They certainly helped to get Greece into the Euro.

Comment

What has saving the NHS got to do with staying in the EU, its half staffed with migrants
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                What has saving the NHS got to do with staying in the EU, its half staffed with migrants
                Most of the NHS "customers" are migrants.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Racist....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    The main reason given is that it would be too complex to get out.
                    Its a fair cry, no one knows how easy or hard it would be to unpcik everything and start again, trade won't stop overnight, but it will take hell of a long time to sort out and that is where uncertainty will breed fear or panic
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X