• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QDOS IR35 insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I share your feeling - after reading Qdos responses on this forum I was also under impression that it is unconditional.

Comment

There seems to be some confusion here and I apologise if I've propagated it - as I hope many will testify I'm always completely open about how our insurance products work. I said the policy isn't reliant on the written contract. Later in the same thread I said it was based on 'your perception of your actual working practices' - see here.

You can see the statements you confirm by adding the product and clicking continue on our online shop - you don't need to register or enter any details.

Without going into specifics on your query Squirrel, it was surrounding your client's interpretation of the substitution clause rather than the clause itself.
      Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Qdos - I appreciate all your help - I am happy with how things were resolved.

I am just thinking that 'perception' is a very vague term. i.e. I would have thought that as long as my contract includes substitution clause TLC35 covers me - my perception is that I can offer a substitute as this is what was agreed in writing.

But if the wording about substitute is 'not strong enough' it means TLC35 is not valid. So if someone purchases TLC35 with assumption that it is unconditional they might end up in trouble later - when they are investigated and TLC35 doesn't cover them.

If they have never used a substitute, they won't be able to prove that this was a genuine working practice (unless they thought about getting the end client to send an email to confirm this).

I am happy about TLC35 - no doubt about that. I just don't think it's unconditional as it is sometimes perceived. I will always get my contract reviewed, ask end clients to confirm substitution is possible as a working practice, and I will always double check that each of my contracts are covered by TLC35 before signing them

But that's just extra careful me

Comment

Isn't it Bauer and Cottrell who do the renegotiation or do they draw a blank sometimes too?
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Qdos also negotiate on your behalf, but in my case this was non-negotiable as the wording was provided by the end client who didn't agree to be flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
              Isn't it Bauer and Cottrell who do the renegotiation or do they draw a blank sometimes too?
              Bauer and Cottrell have reviewed and negotiated all myCo's contracts and have always been able to negotiate the changes they and I (re non-IR35 issues) have required.

Comment

Raising a claim

Hi folks, just wondered how long it takes to start a claim normally.

I opened a case two weeks ago, they came back saying I did not have a policy, so I sent my policy document.

It has been a week now and no contact.

I did chat to QDOS via the website chat - but they said it's a different department and they could not help.

Any suggestions welcome please.

Comment

How about ring them?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

A consultant will give you a call this afternoon.
                    Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Working...
                    X