• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Termination and bullying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Gang, what can I say?

Firstly thank you for all the laughs!

As you can imagine, in a contract such as this, heck, do I need them!

Every day I just try to make it through and I'm literally counting down the days. I've tried various approaches from taking it, to pushing back but I think she gets off on it.

What I had meant was - was there a chance that if the contract was "wrongly terminated" or whatever the terminology is, would they have to pay it out the remaining 3 months of the contract to me? From what I've gathered from the responses is that best not to with IR35. I certainly don't want to stay there...

Yes it is a woman to woman thing and she clearly has some kind of personality and or mental health disorder (its not just me). She is actually pregnant (but I'm told was like this always) and I don't want to cause the unborn child any stress because lets face it, the poor child is in for a very rough life with her as a mother...

When I realised where this contract was going I started applying for other contracts weeks ago.

And the good news for today is... I landed an interview! Better role, better rate.
    So fingers crossed that I will land the right contract at the right place.

Thanks again for all your suggestions and advice and sausage surprise... even the visuals!! Still LMAO...

Comment

Honestly just let it go and try and drop him in it as best you can

As you leave subtly thwart the said manager in ways that are very difficult to prove that it was you doing the undermining. I once had a lunatic manager or at least one permie that fancied himself as my manager banging his fist on my table and mumbling incoherently to himself when he should have been communicating clearly. Turned out his wife was mad and and so was he. Don't allow people at work to take out their lifes' frustrations on you, make absolutely sure that you teach them a lesson in life that they will never forget and don't get mad - get even instead.
      Last edited by sbakoola; 19 June 2014, 00:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
        I had assumed it was a man, if the OP is a man then of course it's not right to threaten a woman. Better to give her harsh talking to.
        Yeah, you're definitely trolling there.

Comment

Originally posted by Stella8 View Post
          What I had meant was - was there a chance that if the contract was "wrongly terminated" or whatever the terminology is, would they have to pay it out the remaining 3 months of the contract to me? From what I've gathered from the responses is that best not to with IR35. I certainly don't want to stay there...
          No, there is no such thing as wrongful termination unless a law has been broken.

New gig - onwards and upwards!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            No, there is no such thing as wrongful termination unless a law has been broken.

New gig - onwards and upwards!
            But there is breach but will still come to nothing. You are a contractor, time to start thinking like one and acting like one.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Have to sympathise with the OP but it is common that this happens - pointless small minded people on power trips.

However what I do struggle with is why these people feel it is perfectly acceptable to act in such a hateful manner within the workplace but then feel that as soon as step out of the workplace all is forgotten like it is some sort of game.

If said person is affecting your livelihood and potentially getting to a point where the could potentially be disrupting your kids upbring (for example ) due to a lack of money - why do they think they will be able to just wander around in life without any come back.

If you screw with my life do not expect any protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Stella8 View Post
                Well Gang, what can I say?

Firstly thank you for all the laughs!

As you can imagine, in a contract such as this, heck, do I need them!

Every day I just try to make it through and I'm literally counting down the days. I've tried various approaches from taking it, to pushing back but I think she gets off on it.

Yes it is a woman to woman thing and she clearly has some kind of personality and or mental health disorder (its not just me). She is actually pregnant (but I'm told was like this always) and I don't want to cause the unborn child any stress because lets face it, the poor child is in for a very rough life with her as a mother...

When I realised where this contract was going I started applying for other contracts weeks ago.

And the good news for today is... I landed an interview! Better role, better rate.
                So fingers crossed that I will land the right contract at the right place.

Thanks again for all your suggestions and advice and sausage surprise... even the visuals!! Still LMAO...
                She has always been pregnant??? OMG No wonder she has the temperament of a buffalo

Comment

Maybe Stella meant she always looks pregnant?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

indeed

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Maybe Stella meant she always looks pregnant?
                    like the 2 women this year ive offered my seat to on the underground this year only to be told they were not pregnant - sniggers from fellow passageres - daggers at me

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
                      like the 2 women this year ive offered my seat to on the underground this year only to be told they were not pregnant - sniggers from fellow passageres - daggers at me
                      Did you know they weren't pregnant before you offered?
                      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                      X