• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On-shore accounting models

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASB View Post
    Hah, not aggressive enough. You should keep the VAT too :-)
    Oh yes the old greg approach.

Personally I would go for get people to join the scheme. Delay payments beyond minimum wages payments as long as possible until £xm is in the account and then pocket the lot before closing the company down....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I wonder if this one involves setting yourself up as a used car dealer.

Or maybe some sort of film financing.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
        Hah, not aggressive enough. You should keep the VAT too :-)
        What VAT?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by mykash View Post
          I've received two emails from cwjobs, the most recent one marketing dynamicpartners that promise high take home pay and keep the money in UK, so no offshore stuff.

But it still sounds like a tax avoidance scheme of sorts as you take home 90% rather than the estimated 80% through limited company.

Essentially it sounds like a duck, quacks like a duck, but doesn't seem to be a duck. Anyone got similar marketing emails or are part of schemes that keep money in UK and take home 90%?
          Let me see now. Set up in Oct. 2013, sole Director, no accounts filed, Virtual Office address. Shares their sole director with 4 other newly minted Ltd's all in the umbrella business.

There's more but I don't have time to do the digging atm.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Let me see now. Set up in Oct. 2013, sole Director, no accounts filed, Virtual Office address. Shares their sole director with 4 other newly minted Ltd's all in the umbrella business.

There's more but I don't have time to do the digging atm.
            Without going into detail there also appear to be links with SmartPay, who have been discussed on here before (back in 2008) and an number of other Umbrella/High retention schemes.

I'm also pretty sure the sole director of this company has very little to do with the running of the business seeing as he appears to be a conceptual artist and son of the chap who actually set up the company.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Oh yes the old greg approach.

Personally I would go for get people to join the scheme. Delay payments beyond minimum wages payments as long as possible until £xm is in the account and then pocket the lot before closing the company down....
              More and more top flight contractors are indeed joining Oude Joris Max 120.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                More and more top flight contractors are indeed joining Oude Joris Max 120.
                Have you checked it out with a top tax barrister?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Have you checked it out with a top tax barrister?
                  QC approved, my dear,

Comment

QC approved, my dear,
                    Excellent. Glad you are hepping the users with thier due diligence. Sue, Grabbit and Runne really are a top class chambers.

Comment

QC approved, my dear,
                      As in Quamtotius Caecus??
                      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
                      X