• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disclosure Scotland - anyone here used them?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Hmm. Just applied for an SC role where client is willing to wait for SC. (I've previously been SC but its lapsed).

Pimp has said that if I get Disclosure Scotland sorted thats like BC and will allow me to work on site until SC comes through.

Yeh its only £25 so why not but sounds a bit dubious to me.

(BTW, I'm not in Scotland, not Scottish, and neither is the client)
    It sounds dubious and I would want the client saying that the need it not the agent. For the current place I have BPSS and I know that no criminal record check was done as there wasn't time.

Note I'm not saying that I have a dodgy past, but you get a copy of any check done and I've only got the ones I needed for School Governor, a very old client and Church works....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Hmm. Just applied for an SC role where client is willing to wait for SC. (I've previously been SC but its lapsed).

Pimp has said that if I get Disclosure Scotland sorted thats like BC and will allow me to work on site until SC comes through.

Yeh its only £25 so why not but sounds a bit dubious to me.

(BTW, I'm not in Scotland, not Scottish, and neither is the client)
      Disclosure Scotland is essentially a CRB check. If the role is genuinely covered by Government SC clearance, then the appropriate initial clearance to allow you to start is BPSS, which is a proper id and residency check, and which is the hirer's responsibility to provide since you, as the applicant, can't request it.

Perhaps tell them to learn the sodding rules before making demands?
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Disclosure Scotland is essentially a CRB check. If the role is genuinely covered by Government SC clearance, then the appropriate initial clearance to allow you to start is BPSS, which is a proper id and residency check, and which is the hirer's responsibility to provide since you, as the applicant, can't request it.

Perhaps tell them to learn the sodding rules before making demands?
        Yeh. This is a defence role.

To be fair the agent didnt demand just said its worth getting. Looks like they've got it arse backwards then. Is only £25 though.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X