• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving SJD Accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
    Haha - very good.

Did Darren ever pop up again?
    I heard he went into the photography business with She-Who-Must-Not-Be Named.

Comment

Come over to the new place - its like it was 10 years ago, just with FreeAgent instead of spreadsheets and a smaller fee. Is imaginatively called Dolan Accountancy.....
      Is there a spreadsheet option?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Is there a spreadsheet option?
        Only for you....
        P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Only for you....
          I've still go my old one somewhere, Simon, so I'll just change the year on the top.

Comment

I've still go my old one somewhere, Simon, so I'll just change the year on the top.
            You'll need an unlocked one. If you you've been with them long enough the account will invariably mess up and send it back unlocked at some point
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I regretted leaving SJD briefly when I was desperately after some figures and had no Internet access.

I got a couple of pints from the bar and my feelings passed over! The decline in service up to the start of this year was pretty impressive.

Comment

That'll work. I guess you have worked out how to bypass the sophisticated security system I built in?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                  I regretted leaving SJD briefly when I was desperately after some figures and had no Internet access.

I got a couple of pints from the bar and my feelings passed over! The decline in service up to the start of this year was pretty impressive.
                  Decline is too generous a word. I'm still getting weekly reminders demanding money with menaces from HMRC Debt Collection that started when SJD failed to stop sending in RTI returns when I left them last April, leading HMRC to think I've got double the income I actually do have. The reality is I'm actually in credit, just waiting for various systems to catch up with each other. I have mentioned this minor ( ! ) error to SJD - both nominated accountant and his superiors - and not a word has come back. Let's hope people don't associate Simon with today's SJD.

But SJD and HMRC in combination is a truly frightening place to be...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    You'll need an unlocked one. If you you've been with them long enough the account will invariably mess up and send it back unlocked at some point
                    The password is 'password'.

Comment

The password is 'password'.
                      Amateur. It has letters and numbers.

Comment

Working...
                      X