• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving SJD Accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dhrucku View Post
    I don't want to put the cat amongst the pigeons here but how good are Dolan Accountancy v SJD and others? Do they offer the same services line by line if compared...?

(I'm aware that there are thousands of accountants out there and I need to do my own due diligence)
    #1 priority - Choose a FreeAgent accountant. That way it is very easy to move. Specifically avoid anyone (IMO) who has their own platform or portal. That was yesterday's solution, generally not a very good one either.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Totally agree.
      Came from SJD spreadsheets - and now dealing with incorrect Accounts submissions.
      Moved to FreeAgent Accountant. Such a breeze to use and is supported by lots of Accountants if you ever move. Well designed software IMHO

Comment

Leaving SJD Accountants

Originally posted by ravenscroft View Post
        Totally agree.
        Came from SJD spreadsheets - and now dealing with incorrect Accounts submissions.
        Moved to FreeAgent Accountant. Such a breeze to use and is supported by lots of Accountants if you ever move. Well designed software IMHO
        Might be helpful to the OP if you say which accountant. (Hope its us hope its us hopes its us. Pretty sure it’s not us)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          That's a very kind offer but I'm sure he'll be fine. I was thinking just all friendly like. Take him up the oxo tower to discuss his thunderclap experiences over a hot lunch. Nothing to worry about

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
            Might be helpful to the OP if you say which accountant. (Hope its us hope its us hopes its us. Pretty sure it’s not us)
            Point is about FreeAgent. You enter the data/upload statements and the outputs - VAT Returns etc are automatically generated. With a spreadsheet - mistakes are made, and its very opaque. In FreeAgent you can see current/future liabilities - rather than ask the 'accountant' to interpret the spreadsheet.
            No its not you - the bloke who sold SJD and then started another one

Comment

Originally posted by ravenscroft View Post
              Point is about FreeAgent. You enter the data/upload statements and the outputs - VAT Returns etc are automatically generated. With a spreadsheet - mistakes are made, and its very opaque. In FreeAgent you can see current/future liabilities - rather than ask the 'accountant' to interpret the spreadsheet.
              No its not you - the bloke who sold SJD and then started another one
              :-) Thank you
              P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Leaving SJD

Hello. New to the forum so be gentle! I’ve been with SJD for seven years. I’ve decided to leave as the service has changed and its seems to be support based vs an accountant providing advice to the client. I was without a named accountant for 4 months and even though I raised this several times I got no joy.
                Anyway I’ve decided to move on and now my Bookeeping data which is on there online tool they say they CANT provide to my new accountant and that I need to provide the data to my new accountant myself

I don’t feel like a client at all and am glad I’m finding this out now vs severs more years down the road

I find it astonishing that they cant extract my data and provide to me at my request

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any advise /direction you can give would be appreciated

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Powell1 View Post
                  Hello. New to the forum so be gentle! I’ve been with SJD for seven years. I’ve decided to leave as the service has changed and its seems to be support based vs an accountant providing advice to the client. I was without a named accountant for 4 months and even though I raised this several times I got no joy.
                  Anyway I’ve decided to move on and now my Bookeeping data which is on there online tool they say they CANT provide to my new accountant and that I need to provide the data to my new accountant myself

I don’t feel like a client at all and am glad I’m finding this out now vs severs more years down the road

I find it astonishing that they cant extract my data and provide to me at my request

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any advise /direction you can give would be appreciated

Thanks
                  I left SJD after well over 10 years because the service wasn't what it used to be. I moved to another accountant who dealt with SJD from the off and got everything they needed through professional clearance. I've never had to speak or email SJD once I'd told them I was going. Find a decent accountant and they should deal with it all for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
                    I left SJD after well over 10 years because the service wasn't what it used to be. I moved to another accountant who dealt with SJD from the off and got everything they needed through professional clearance. I've never had to speak or email SJD once I'd told them I was going. Find a decent accountant and they should deal with it all for you.
                    Were you using the sjd online tool ?

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                      Were you using the sjd online tool ?
                      Yes I was.

Comment

Working...
                      X