• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

(Re-)imbursing expenses early

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Re-)imbursing expenses early

I'm heading off on holiday sharpish at the end of the week, and for convenience I'd like to have MyCo pay me this month's expenses and mileage a day or two in advance (I do know exactly how much it will come to). Is this acceptable?

Fine by me, go ahead.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
      Fine by me, go ahead.
      I'll quote you on that.

Comment

If it's not yet due to you because you've not spent the money yet then it creates a loan, but a loan outstanding for just a few days has no tax implications so no worries there. If it's expenses you've already incurred then they're owed to you anyway, so it's not a payment in advance at all. All good
        ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
          If it's not yet due to you because you've not spent the money yet then it creates a loan, but a loan outstanding for just a few days has no tax implications so no worries there. If it's expenses you've already incurred then they're owed to you anyway, so it's not a payment in advance at all. All good
          Thanks. Most of it is already incurred of course, just the mileage for the last day or two would be loaned.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            Thanks. Most of it is already incurred of course, just the mileage for the last day or two would be loaned.
            That's easy then. Get Form P39F from HMRC to account for the interest on the loaned amount (don't forget there's a bit on page 17 about why the loan was necessary) and follow it up with Form P72X to confirm there is no interest to pay and Form P72Y to confirm you haven't paid the interest that's not due, plus the mandatory amendments via the Real Time Filing Service Desk and job done...

IGMC....
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Can't you just set payment to come out in a few days days time? Most banks website let you set a date.

Or do you actually need the money early?

Comment

Pay yourself for the whole month except the last two days. Then pay yourself for the last two days when incurred.

Comment

Just take a directors loan for what you need then re credit it instead of transferring he money once you submit the expense claim.

Comment

What kind of contractor are you that you need mileage expenses so urgently? Just take one of those bundles of 50's from under the mattress to tide you over.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X