• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie Contractor in trouble...?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that it's our business but did you really say it's a £950/day contract and that you are new to contracting? What do you do?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Not that it's our business but did you really say it's a £950/day contract and that you are new to contracting? What do you do?
      No he didn't. He said two days at $1900 but later clarified...

The amount invoiced was relatively large because I worked for the majority of a weekend at additional rates. It is not my standard day rate by any stretch of the imagination (unfortunately) and it is money I can ill afford to lose.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's not, see above. Not that either aspect matters.

Good luck OP.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Indeed but linked with the other word you can see a mind set.
          Ahh, they aren't all as well trained as you.

We need a permie speak detector for noobies.
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

I think he clarified that this was for working long and/or antisocial hours at a premium rate on a weekend rather than his normal day rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
              Ahh, they aren't all as well trained as you.

We need a permie speak detector for noobies.
              No we don't, we have NLUK!

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                No we don't, we have NLUK!
                True. Maybe the mods can change the tag under his name to say "Permie Speak Detector".

Comment

True. Maybe the mods can change the tag under his name to say "Permie Speak Detector".
                  That is a bit specific isn't it... Maybe a catch all tag like 'Miserable b'tard' would be more apt?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

ok ok ok im tired of reading this thread - OP please forget your last invoice and Move on with life. gosh!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      No he didn't. He said two days at $1900 but later clarified...
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                      It's not, see above. Not that either aspect matters.

Good luck OP.
                      I think he clarified that this was for working long and/or antisocial hours at a premium rate on a weekend rather than his normal day rate.
                      Missed that part, thanks!
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X