• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who offers the best contract review service?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    So who's looking at the commercial aspects of the contract, such as payment terms, notice periods, IPR ownership, dispute management...

It's not all about IR35. In fact, very little of it is.
    Good point well made. We will do reviews for IR35 - which we are competent to do - but not being lawyers I shy away from advising on general commercial issues and, of course, they are far more significant.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica@WhiteFieldTax View Post
      Good point well made. We will do reviews for IR35 - which we are competent to do - but not being lawyers I shy away from advising on general commercial issues and, of course, they are far more significant.
      By 'competent' I presume you mean PCG Accredited and 20 years’ experience?
      http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/dan-moss/18/18/105

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsjdaccountancy View Post
        By 'competent' I presume you mean PCG Accredited and 20 years’ experience?
        About 25 years of working with PSCs, but who's counting! PCG accreditation I've commented on before and won't go into again, save to say when you were in the room at PCGs birth you end up with a slightly cynical view of the accreditation scheme, although clearly it has its merits for accounting professionals coming into the sector for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica@WhiteFieldTax View Post
          About 25 years of working with PSCs, but who's counting! PCG accreditation I've commented on before and won't go into again, save to say when you were in the room at PCGs birth you end up with a slightly cynical view of the accreditation scheme, although clearly it has its merits for accounting professionals coming into the sector for the first time.
          25 years, impressive Jessica - I share your concern regarding first timers.
          http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/dan-moss/18/18/105

Comment

I used QDOS service, the Full Review with 24hrs turnaround for my first contract (£150 + VAT). Got a reply in 3 hours, full detailed review of every point in my contract - two or three clauses were not sure but overall everything looked good and the response was IR35 pass. As others said, keep in mind that is not only the contract that counts but more specifically the working practices - if the contracts says one thing and in reality that's not true, reality is going to count.

Quite happy with their service, I'm probably going to get PI from them as well. I read about their services searching on the forum...

Comment

What if your contract fails but your working practices pass? Always wondered this one.

Comment

Originally posted by manubbo View Post
                Quite happy with their service, I'm probably going to get PI from them as well. I read about their services searching on the forum...
                You are da man/lady/person/homo sapien!!!!
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                  What if your contract fails but your working practices pass? Always wondered this one.
                  Then you are outside IR35.

It's just a LOT harder to prove that because you need someone to prove that the contract doesn't reflect reality. When it's in HMRC's favour, they find it easy to do this; when it is in your favour, you may find it somewhat harder.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Then you are outside IR35.

It's just a LOT harder to prove that because you need someone to prove that the contract doesn't reflect reality. When it's in HMRC's favour, they find it easy to do this; when it is in your favour, you may find it somewhat harder.
                    ^^ very sage words. So many people don't get this.

Comment

Working...
                    X