• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who offers the best contract review service?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's the cheapest?
    Blood in your poo

Comment

What are the horrors to look out for ?

We use a slightly mutant version of the PCG contract so there is very little to argue over except when a client wants something unusual.

But I'm interested to hear what the current state of the art is in terms of dodgy contract terms.
      (So I can write them up for The Register, not use them you cynic)
      My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

If you are new to all this - be aware that it is your working practices that determine your IR35 status and the contract you have in place needs to be reflective of those
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
          If you are new to all this - be aware that it is your working practices that determine your IR35 status and the contract you have in place needs to be reflective of those
          Agree with Lisa here. So many contracts are generic. If you read your contract how many points are relevant? If none, then what's the point in having it reviewed? I always encourage my clients to read their contracts and question anything not relevant. Then I review them.
          http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/dan-moss/18/18/105

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Define "best"
            better than all the rest?

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
              better than all the rest?
              I'm going to have Tina Turner in my head all day now.......
              ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

I spoke to Kate @ B&C and she is great. I concluded that B&C offer the best service - reviewing actual working practices in addition to the contract.

However, I have PI with QDOS, so am entitled to 3 free IR35 reviews. I don't think they are anywhere near as in depth and the ones offered by B&C, but they are free so it would be rude not to.

Case closed.

Thanks,
                Untouchable1

Comment

Originally posted by Untouchable1 View Post
                  I spoke to Kate @ B&C and she is great. I concluded that B&C offer the best service - reviewing actual working practices in addition to the contract.

However, I have PI with QDOS, so am entitled to 3 free IR35 reviews. I don't think they are anywhere near as in depth and the ones offered by B&C, but they are free so it would be rude not to.

Case closed.

Thanks,
                  Untouchable1
                  So you haven't tried the competition or understood their offering but can confirm that B&C are the best? How does that work then? QDOS have a paid offering and a free one with PI. They come with different levels of service so not comparable like for like.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Based on the info I have. Yes, QDOS offer two levels of service. I reckon based on my conversations with the companies that the B&C service is better than the QDOS premium service.

If I had used both services, I probably wouldn't have posted the question in the first place....

Untouchable1

Comment

Originally posted by Untouchable1 View Post
                      Based on the info I have. Yes, QDOS offer two levels of service. I reckon based on my conversations with the companies that the B&C service is better than the QDOS premium service.

If I had used both services, I probably wouldn't have posted the question in the first place....

Untouchable1
                      So who's looking at the commercial aspects of the contract, such as payment terms, notice periods, IPR ownership, dispute management...

It's not all about IR35. In fact, very little of it is.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X