• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Receipts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receipts

I'm new to contracting and signing up with an umbrella coy - some say I need receipts for expenses, others say I don't. Which is correct? They all claim to be inland revenue approved.

Anyone who says you don't need receipts is talking tulipe. Especially if they are an umbrella.

Other than your staying away from home PIE limit of a fiver a day, you have to be able to prove (and justify) expenditure for EVERYTHING.

Comment

I'm not selling or reccomanding this service but this page may answer your questions.
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
        I'm not selling or reccomanding this service but this page may answer your questions.
        Hmmm... You may find http://www.pcg.org.uk/cms/index.php?...759&Itemid=321 rather more informative and unbiased, especially the Guide to Freelancing.

And make sure you join anyway, it will be the best £200 you spend.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
          Hmmm... You may find http://www.pcg.org.uk/cms/index.php?...759&Itemid=321 rather more informative and unbiased, especially the Guide to Freelancing.

And make sure you join anyway, it will be the best £200 you spend.
          Why biased??????????? How much of that £200 do you get Mal?? Talk about

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
            Talk about
            Ok
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
              Haha!
              www.trottervanhire.com

Comment

Receipts

Originally posted by Emperor Dalek
                Anyone who says you don't need receipts is talking tulipe. Especially if they are an umbrella.

Other than your staying away from home PIE limit of a fiver a day, you have to be able to prove (and justify) expenditure for EVERYTHING.
                You still need receipts to prove that the PIE payment was properly calculated.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                  Why biased??????????? How much of that £200 do you get Mal?? Talk about
                  Nothing. Amazingly, it is possible to support something without having to be paid for it.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley
                    You still need receipts to prove that the PIE payment was properly calculated.
                    You are mistaken. Receipts are not required. http://www.hmrc.gov.uk//manuals/nimmanual/NIM06030.htm

And for the OP receipts are not strictly necessary. However this is the most convenient method of satisfying to an inspector the expenditure took place.

Comment

Working...
                    X