• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Banks not moving today, on a +ve for others.

I think they have a lot further to fall. Sentiment.
    I read that when the next crisis hits (any day now), rather than bailing out the banks, the next approach is bail in, which means stealing banking shares and bonds to pay off the debt from investors. Which means all your bank shares become worthless. Next step is taking depositors money (as they did in Greece and Cyprus).
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Agreed especially with Brexit in the lead, I think commodities/oil/gas are a better bet, I think they're bottoming out.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Results are due out 28th Feb, will be interesting to see where they come out, hoping for a dividend of at least 1.5p to go with the interm .75p giving a 5.1% yield on my average buy price
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Deutsche Bank came out of the blue to state that they're financially sound, I think I'll steer clear of that one
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            I keep remining myself its a marathon not a sprint, 22 years until I retire so I can take a few bumps in the road ;(
            Bought a few grand of Barry Callebaut recently... the next day, the eponymous chairman sold almost 50million CHF of his shares.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Deutsche Bank came out of the blue to state that they're financially sound, I think I'll steer clear of that one
              Exactly. If you're talking, you're losing.

Comment

Ouch!
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Ouch!

Almost in the 5400's.

Time to start moving money into the trading account.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Barclays is now at solid long term support. If the market continues to crumble and this supports breaks then we could see the dire days of sub-100p. Otherwise it's a good time to take a punt.

Something is behind the stock market falls, something sinister and subversive. I haven't been keeping up with the news or rumours since I lost a lot of money years ago, but it feels like we are about to experience economic and financial Armageddon, far worse than 2008.

Comment

Right, who looks good on here?

Dividend Yields - FTSE 100

Pick of the safe dividend yields?
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X