• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirja View Post
    I earn in Euros, took a hammering last year with all the Greek stuff. Nice to get a bit of a retrace but not sure it'll last as Europe is really in a bad shape at the moment
    I have been sitting on a big pile of Euros after a contract in 2015. I changed a load at 72.5p, am thinking my next move will be at 75p then I will hang onto the rest just so I can tell women in bars I earn a living playing the currency markets rather than admit I am a computer programmer.

Comment

Got my 75p exchange rate so transferred a chunk of Euros into Sterling.

Holding back the rest until it hits 90p (a man's gotta dream).

Comment

FTFY

then I will hang onto the rest just so I can tell women in bars I earn a living playing the currency markets rather than admit I am a computer programmer, todays news means I won't be a complete liar, also, which is nice.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Have kept USD unchanged since October 2015 when rate was 1.54ish, now: 1.428

It's a sensible management decision rather than a dirty spekulation though ...

Comment

I smell a dead cat.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Have kept USD unchanged since October 2015 when rate was 1.54ish, now: 1.428
              Cable getting hammered after Carney this morning.

"Debt-fueled bubble? ...lalalala"

Comment

1.41456 USD/GBP and 1.29743 EUR/GBP

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  I smell a dead cat.
                  Prepare for capitulation...

Comment

Never fails, I invest a tranche of cash on Monday, then on Tuesday

Market turmoil: FTSE 100 hits three-year low as rout continues - business live | Business | The Guardian
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post

TBH, it's starting to look a little overdone in some sectors, particular the banks. Yes, the EU banks are in a worse position than their US counterparts, but they are starting to be priced for failure. Is that really likely? We haven't quite entered capitulation yet. When that happens, I wouldn't be surprised to see a strong intraday reversal and then a rebound over subsequent days. The earliest opportunity is perhaps Yellen's testimony tomorrow, although I expect not. We're not at maximum fear yet.

Itchy trigger finger...

Comment

Working...
                      X