• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Deutsche Bank came out of the blue to state that they're financially sound, I think I'll steer clear of that one
    Exactly. If you're talking, you're losing.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I keep remining myself its a marathon not a sprint, 22 years until I retire so I can take a few bumps in the road ;(
    Bought a few grand of Barry Callebaut recently... the next day, the eponymous chairman sold almost 50million CHF of his shares.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Deutsche Bank came out of the blue to state that they're financially sound, I think I'll steer clear of that one

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Banks not moving today, on a +ve for others.

I think they have a lot further to fall. Sentiment.
    Results are due out 28th Feb, will be interesting to see where they come out, hoping for a dividend of at least 1.5p to go with the interm .75p giving a 5.1% yield on my average buy price

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied

Agreed especially with Brexit in the lead, I think commodities/oil/gas are a better bet, I think they're bottoming out.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied

I read that when the next crisis hits (any day now), rather than bailing out the banks, the next approach is bail in, which means stealing banking shares and bonds to pay off the debt from investors. Which means all your bank shares become worthless. Next step is taking depositors money (as they did in Greece and Cyprus).

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    My break even on Llloyds is 43.85p, was nearly double that recently

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Bought Lloyds yesterday, so expect them to further plummet imminently
    My break even on Llloyds is 43.85p, was nearly double that recently

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Bought Lloyds yesterday, so expect them to further plummet imminently

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    I'm still buying steadily, global index on a value cost averaging basis, note - not Pound cost average (formula means you buy more if the price drops and less if it rises).
    Couple of investment trusts on automatic monthly payments which takes decision out of the process.
    GLA

Leave a comment:

Working...
X