• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Have kept USD unchanged since October 2015 when rate was 1.54ish, now: 1.428
    Cable getting hammered after Carney this morning.

"Debt-fueled bubble? ...lalalala"

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    I smell a dead cat.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Have kept USD unchanged since October 2015 when rate was 1.54ish, now: 1.428

It's a sensible management decision rather than a dirty spekulation though ...

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

then I will hang onto the rest just so I can tell women in bars I earn a living playing the currency markets rather than admit I am a computer programmer, todays news means I won't be a complete liar, also, which is nice.

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    Got my 75p exchange rate so transferred a chunk of Euros into Sterling.

Holding back the rest until it hits 90p (a man's gotta dream).

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    Originally posted by sirja View Post
    I earn in Euros, took a hammering last year with all the Greek stuff. Nice to get a bit of a retrace but not sure it'll last as Europe is really in a bad shape at the moment
    I have been sitting on a big pile of Euros after a contract in 2015. I changed a load at 72.5p, am thinking my next move will be at 75p then I will hang onto the rest just so I can tell women in bars I earn a living playing the currency markets rather than admit I am a computer programmer.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Im holding funds but not buying more for now. However catastrophic articles make me think it will be over soon

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Watching...
    Likewise, but I don't think this pullback is close to being over yet. Ordinarily, I'd be a dirty spekulant under these conditions. Now, any bounces are increasingly weak and ineffectual. I anticipate a sustained leg down and possibly a few grey swans if oil persists lower.

Leave a comment:

• sirja
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    EUR and Dollar look good against the pound.

Growing Minority Sees British Pound Heading to Level of Thatcher Era - Bloomberg Business

Pound on a downer at the moment EUR 1.32
    I earn in Euros, took a hammering last year with all the Greek stuff. Nice to get a bit of a retrace but not sure it'll last as Europe is really in a bad shape at the moment

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Quite a sell off today ... resisting itchy trigger finger to buy
    Still very weak. Down a few percent on Lloyds so far.
    Glen interesting, bucked the trend with a huge spike yesterday, back down today. No reason, so probably some huge shorts closing and reopened today.

Watching...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X