• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Share Investment, Discussion & Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pjclarke
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    On what I originally invested, but even at todays purchase price of 535p a share, the total 2015 dividend was 58p a share which is in excess of 10%
    ????

Is that a share or across your whole portfolio? My 'high yield' portfolio is giving me just over 5.5%, current prices.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Isn't it knives that fall & dead cats that bounce?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    What shares are paying 12% or do you mean 12% on what you originally invested ?
    On what I originally invested, but even at todays purchase price of 535p a share, the total 2015 dividend was 58p a share which is in excess of 10%

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    This is why I try to always focus on longer term, shares are now back above break even and a dividend yield of 12% this year has just been confirmed for me
    What shares are paying 12% or do you mean 12% on what you originally invested ?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Glencore looking good. The tranche I bought bought in November in profit.

I reckon for oil/gas and other stuff out of the ground is a good time to "get in".

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    My biggest headache is PLUS500 at the moment, took a dive earlier in the year due to regulator problems, topped up then and was subject to a failed take over bid, the bid collapsed and the price recovered in the last week to where I broke even, down 12% today

Should have taken the break even and walked away!
    This is why I try to always focus on longer term, shares are now back above break even and a dividend yield of 12% this year has just been confirmed for me

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Gold is on fire.
    How high will it go this time
    any guesses?
    $2000 an ounce

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Gold is on fire.
    How high will it go this time
    any guesses?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Nah mate, oil was low in the 1990's due to tech innovation and over capacity.
    There is overcapacity now - oil gone from $15 to $120, so lots of investment was thrown into problem, with better analysis fracking is very efficient now, they can drill well in 4-6 weeks now - unlike years of investment into offshore rigs, so now oil is unlikely to be above 45-50 bucks because shale would add a lot of capacity very quickly, traders know it so that on it's own got potential to keep price low.

I say it should go below 20 bucks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X