• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also suggest we ask family and friends to respond too - especially seeing as the template letter acts as a good guide. If everyone affected to have at least 5 people also respond, thats a hell of a message to send to HMRC.

Comment

Wow. I am astonished really. Once again retrospection bites. How can anyone live in a society where the government rules through threat and intimidation. This is what it is really.. They are saying "Do anything we don't like and we'll throw you on the streets". If they take everything you have how can you appeal. It costs money which of course you no longer have. Obviously this is dependant on the amounts involved but given the targeted individuals here, they are likely to be substantial in more than a few cases. This is very very scary. They will ruin more than a few families lives.
      Regards

Slobbo

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."

Comment

Originally posted by Slobbo View Post
        Wow. I am astonished really. Once again retrospection bites. How can anyone live in a society where the government rules through threat and intimidation. This is what it is really.. They are saying "Do anything we don't like and we'll throw you on the streets". If they take everything you have how can you appeal. It costs money which of course you no longer have. Obviously this is dependant on the amounts involved but given the targeted individuals here, they are likely to be substantial in more than a few cases. This is very very scary. They will ruin more than a few families lives.
        Slobbo yes - which is why we need to try and stop it happening, even if your not affected please see Latest News | No To Retrospective Taxation and respond yourself. We need as many people as possible to get involved.

Comment

Written to Ms Owen

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          NTRT have prepared a template letter for people to respond to the consultation. Please alter it in your own words.

Latest News | No To Retrospective Taxation

Some people will say it won't count if everyone sends similar letters but HMRC will have to report to the Minister how many responses they got. So every letter does count.
          Thanks to NTRT for taking the time to prepare another cracking toolkit. Letter sent to HMRC and copied to Whitehouse.
          http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Mail to Ms. Owen.

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
            NTRT have prepared a template letter for people to respond to the consultation. Please alter it in your own words.

Latest News | No To Retrospective Taxation

Some people will say it won't count if everyone sends similar letters but HMRC will have to report to the Minister how many responses they got. So every letter does count.
            Done, plus a mate will write as well.

Comment

I also just bunged NTRT another couple of hundred quid. I'm grateful for all they are doing. This whole sh*t gets me down, I've got nowhere near the amount HMRC will call me for, so bankruptcy awaits. But I'll go down fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by costo View Post
                Slobbo yes - which is why we need to try and stop it happening, even if your not affected please see Latest News | No To Retrospective Taxation and respond yourself. We need as many people as possible to get involved.
                I have and sent it on to some friends who will send in some extras as well.
                Regards

Slobbo

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."

Comment

Thanks all for the efforts/donations. Keep up the good fight!
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

David Gauke/Lin Homer Letter

Hi,
                    Back on the Ombudsman subject... I've received a couple of letters from my MP. First, one forwarded through him from Lin Homer... essentially saying the same old, same old plus a bit about NTRT accusations of impropriety against HMRC staff that were not credible. Second, one from David Gauke saying, word for word, the same thing.

I assume this isn't news but wanted to make sure in case NTRT wanted a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Guttersnipe View Post
                      Hi,
                      Back on the Ombudsman subject... I've received a couple of letters from my MP. First, one forwarded through him from Lin Homer... essentially saying the same old, same old plus a bit about NTRT accusations of impropriety against HMRC staff that were not credible. Second, one from David Gauke saying, word for word, the same thing.

I assume this isn't news but wanted to make sure in case NTRT wanted a copy.
                      Yes we've got them. Not sure what the planned response is.

Comment

Working...
                      X