• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wembley53 View Post
    Same reply for me from him. KO19 on its way!
    Some MPs must be dumber than I ever thought they were if they think were just going to shut up!

Comment

The problem for them all is

Originally posted by nevergiveup View Post
      Some MPs must be dumber than I ever thought they were if they think were just going to shut up!
      The fact that they cannot honestly answer any of our questions or argue any of the points truthfully, as all that we did was open upfront and honest. When faced with all the facts it would seem that it is their only option to shut up and hope it goes away. I would like to think at least one of them has the Cahoonas to fight for the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Wembley53 View Post
        Same reply for me from him. KO19 on its way!
        Have either of you had a meeting with this MP?

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          I think there is a message coming down from above to shut us up.

A few people have had letters from Tories in recent days basically saying that there is no point in any further discussion.

Whitehouse are formulating a response.
          Is it just Tories coming back with this response? I'm due one response from mine too, so I shall expect the same.

Comment

Originally posted by BarneyCool View Post
            The fact that they cannot honestly answer any of our questions or argue any of the points truthfully, as all that we did was open upfront and honest. When faced with all the facts it would seem that it is their only option to shut up and hope it goes away. I would like to think at least one of them has the Cahoonas to fight for the truth.
            There are some MPs that will put principles above politics .

However, we are looking at someone, as apparently in Gauke's case, who is prepared to sell his principles for cash. What was wrong in principle for Gauke in 2008 cannot now be right in principle unless Gauke is prepared to state publicly that he and all the Tories and LibDems were wrong in 2008.

It is truly disappointing to see a public figure sell out so cheaply at the expense of normal and decent people. Gauke's persistence in the face of damning evidence shows an extraordinary lack of judgment from a front bench politician. The essence of our case is that consecutive Exchequer Secretaries have relied on information provided to them by HMRC which we can prove without any ambiguity is and has been completely untrue at a time when HMRC were in possession of the truth. That potentially makes the individuals in HMRC who passed the information then and continue to do so chargeable to some very serious charges. Gauke is responsible for these people and as such he is questionably unfit for office.

Misleading of Parliament is a heinous crime.
            Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
            "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

I won't shut up until I have received a letter from the b'strds stating CN's Closed no further action.

The flip side.... HMRC & MP's are going to look more and more foolish the longer this goes on.
              MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Have either of you had a meeting with this MP?
                Im currently working away from home so, no, I havent.

Wallace is a conservative btw.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                  Is it just Tories coming back with this response? I'm due one response from mine too, so I shall expect the same.
                  Yes it's just Tories.

Apparently Gauke met with a bunch of them Tuesday lunchtime. I suspect he may be a bit rattled because one of the MPs told his constituent:

"the Labour Party do not wish to revisit this and we now know the coalition parties do not either"

This is simply not true.

We are getting almost unanimous support from Labour and Libdem MPs, and many Tories don't agree with it either.

Comment

Yes it's just Tories.

Apparently Gauke met with a bunch of them Tuesday lunchtime. I suspect he may be a bit rattled because one of the MPs told his constituent:

"the Labour Party do not wish to revisit this and we now know the coalition parties do not either"

This is simply not true.

We are getting almost unanimous support from Labour and Libdem MPs, and many Tories don't agree with it either.

I seem to recall that Gauke himself didn't agree with it either. He must feel a right Mug. If it was not for the fact that he has produced children I would have thought that he was also a Eunuch.
                    Last edited by BarneyCool; 24 May 2012, 11:21.

Comment

I guess that Gauke will understand just how much of another lie that is when he opens what I hear landed on his desk yesterday.

As I said before, some MPs will put principles above politics. There is no need for our issue to be political, while Gauke prefers the safety in numbers of it being so, thereby forcing others to betray their principles in the process. Interesting that by doing so he draws Osborne and Cameron into the same place.
                      Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
                      "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Working...
                      X