• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fireship View Post
    Agreed, plus let's not forget that settlement still means bankruptcy for a large number of innocent families - not an option in my opinion!
    This is a big problem.

Comment

Deals

I know it goes against the flow but if a deal was to be offered and I could muster up the cash I would have to at least consider it.

What HMRC and the last government have done is reprehensible and I will never look on the powers that be and this country's system the same way again. I was never before aware of the corruption... but me and my family have been living with this for 4 years, since they announced their intention, and I just want shot of it and to have a little more certainty about what money/house/retirement provision I have/dont have (It seems we will never be certain with their persistence over IR35 which they really need to give up as a bad job !).

Anyway, that's not to say my vigour and intent to fight has diminished in any way
      http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by TalkingCheese View Post
        Can someone just confirm the validity of the couple of latest tweets ? After the last one just a bit sceptical
        The tweets are 100% true.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by travellingknob View Post
            well they may also say my letter was written by a junior officer but nonetheless thats what it says.
            I never bought this excuse. Even the sloppiest of organisations would have some sort of sign-off process before documents liked this are released. Senior staff will have seen the memo, or the process is wrong.

It's another example of the judge reading the law in a way that fits their desired outcome. The GAAR proposal speaks about this.

Comment

Going back to the Ombudsman, what's the best we can achieve from this line of attack? Even if the Ombudsman say HMRC have acted irresponsibly they can't amend the S58 legislation can they.

Comment

I know it goes against the flow but if a deal was to be offered and I could muster up the cash I would have to at least consider it.

What HMRC and the last government have done is reprehensible and I will never look on the powers that be and this country's system the same way again. I was never before aware of the corruption... but me and my family have been living with this for 4 years, since they announced their intention, and I just want shot of it and to have a little more certainty about what money/house/retirement provision I have/dont have (It seems we will never be certain with their persistence over IR35 which they really need to give up as a bad job !).

Anyway, that's not to say my vigour and intent to fight has diminished in any way
                IR35 has always been someones wet dream .... the CBI informed the then Government @ the time it was not workable.
                MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

SAY NO TO RETROSPECTIVE TAX

Comment

Sorry but I dont use twatter. And anyone I cannot get it from the office.

Can they be posted up here or is that not allowed?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Sorry but I dont use twatter. And anyone I cannot get it from the office.

Can they be posted up here or is that not allowed?
                      They are on rhs of the NTRT home page.

Comment

Working...
                      X