• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I figured out how they created the list.

select dotas_number from table_dotas where number_of_users > 0;

It certainly looks like a database dump.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

I would have thought the "> 0" was a bit complicated for the outsourced IT bods.
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

LOL they needed to add an AND clause in there with the scheme names - just adds to the worry factor I guess without.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          I would have thought the "> 0" was a bit complicated for the outsourced IT bods.
          Tried to get onto the HMRC Press site this morning the site is down.

Maybe they need some good IT contractors to sort out their issues, I believe there could be a number looking for work it the next few months due to bankruptcy

Bu$$er they won’t be eligible, of course this could be HMRC’s cunning plan to employ them, under PAYE of course or maybe this is how they plan to implement a time to pay scheme

Maybe my earlier point wasn't that far away from the truth

Comment

Someone has just pointed out a glaring error. Should have been:

select dotas_number from table_dotas
            where number_of_users > 0
            and dotas_number is NOT in
            (select dotas_number from table_taxpayer where profession = "Member of Parliament");

Comment

(select dotas_number from table_taxpayer where profession = "Member of Parliament");
              LMAO
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Careful that's the kind of clever SQL lookup that will get you earning six figure sums DR. You don't want to upset the twitter troll @fotgetfotdo now.

Anyway - back to my yacht or shall I take the Bentley out for a spin
                Last edited by lucozade; 15 July 2014, 12:56.

Comment

so is

Dauke now out of the picture?

If so do we know what Priti Patel is like?

Comment

Just called HMRC...

To fellow victims....My first ever post on here. Thanks to all the main contributors as it has been a source of information and often a comfort.

I just called the HMRC number that is on the recent press release about Accelerated Payments. I spoke with a lady who seemed sympathetic. She explained that all she knows at the moment is that if your scheme number is listed then you will receive a letter detailing the calculation that HMRC deem what you need to pay. She said this letter could be sent out anything up to 20 months from now as they have thousands to handle and apologised for a lack of any further information. I asked what happens if I simply do not have the money to pay and she merely said that I need to wait for the letter as it will contain contact information.

So, I can't believe it but we are actually at the end of the road. That road is still possibly 20 months long but it appears to have a dead end.

Comment

Discovery

HMRC have 12 months from when you submit your tax return to open an enquiry.

They can only open an enquiry after the 12 months by using discovery on the basis that there was insufficient information on the tax return.

Montpelier have always maintained that they had no right to use discovery because the claim to double tax relief was fully disclosed on the tax returns. HMRC have now conceded this in two cases, and ultimately they may concede the other three hundred or so.

I have suggested to a couple of people, who had enquiries opened discovery, that they write to HMRC and request that the closure notices be withdrawn. It will be interesting to see if HMRC agree to this.

Going back to Sep 2012 and the suggestion to request CNs under discovery be closed, did anything result from this?

Comment

Working...
                      X