• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tongue in cheek (for the moment)

Digging For Dirt

Are you, like us, among the 43,000 people targeted by the new retrospective Accelerated Payment rules?

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...harged-by-hmrc

Do you also, like us, want pay back?

Our mission is to expose the hypocritical, sanctimonious perpetrators of this. Government ministers, MPs who voted for it and senior HMRC/Treasury officials.

We will be hiring private investigators, freelance journalists and forensic accountants to dig for dirt:
    • financial/tax affairs
    • sex, drugs, alcohol
    • skeletons in the family closet
    • any other shenanigans

Our target is to raise £2million to finance the mother of all campaigns against them (£100 from 20,000 people)

Please donate what you can.

We may not be able to get justice for you, or prevent people facing financial hardship, but we are determined to make those in authority responsible for this pay.

Comment

Gauked About

I see Mr. Gauke got promoted.
      how marvellous.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        Digging For Dirt

Are you, like us, among the 43,000 people targeted by the new retrospective Accelerated Payment rules?

Our mission is to expose the hypocritical, sanctimonious perpetrators of this. Government ministers, MPs who voted for it and senior HMRC/Treasury officials.

We will be hiring private investigators, freelance journalists and forensic accountants to dig for dirt:
        • financial/tax affairs
        • sex, drugs, alcohol
        • any other shenanigans

Our target is to raise £2million to finance the mother of all campaigns against them (£100 from 20,000 people)

We may not be able to get justice for you, or prevent people facing financial hardship, but we are determined to make those in authority responsible for this pay.
        I'm in

Comment

APN

Originally posted by OneUnited View Post
          Sorry Yes
          So is that official then? Is our scheme listed and we're on the cusp of receiving the APN's?

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
            I'm in
            I'm in too

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
              Digging For Dirt

• financial/tax affairs
              • sex, drugs, alcohol
              • any other shenanigans

This is an EXCELLENT idea.

Potential issues - With the new 'privacy' laws and throttling of the press it may be hard to get the information published. Also if it is put online; they also have the power to shut down the website. Would need to get the data viral as quickly as possible.

How much does it cost to take out a full page advert in the TIMES. Would they allow an advert like this?

Comment

Originally posted by DownButNotOut View Post
                So is that official then? Is our scheme listed and we're on the cusp of receiving the APN's?
                Did you really think they would let us off. Undercover squirrel here I come

Comment

Originally posted by DownButNotOut View Post
                  I think this is still in line with what Homer said. She said that it had not been decided if APNs were going to be extended to those without a FTT decision, and this says that we 'may' receive an APN. It also works in their favour, for if they do plough ahead then they can say we were given notice. Though my blood is boiling over the injustice of this, I don't think our position has materially changed, at least not yet. The number of schemes is baffling though, there must be a lot of individual plans.

Comment

Originally posted by helen7 View Post
                    This is an EXCELLENT idea.

Potential issues - With the new 'privacy' laws and throttling of the press it may be hard to get the information published. Also if it is put online; they also have the power to shut down the website. Would need to get the data viral as quickly as possible.

How much does it cost to take out a full page advert in the TIMES. Would they allow an advert like this?
                    Probably not but they'd report the story, especially if we hired freelance journos.

I know it sounds impossible to take on the establishment but 43,000 people is a (financial) force to be reckoned with.

Comment

Digging for Dirt

Count me in too. I think we all know who the primary targets will be.

Comment

Working...
                      X