• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by normalbloke View Post
    Just had a letter from the PM's office saying he will write to Lin Homer as well.....
    I haven't heard back yet, but I'm very confident mine will write. That's a great result NB, and it's not even Friday!

Comment

Just had a letter from the PM's office saying he will write to Lin Homer as well.....
      Is that a typo or really "PM". If so, cracking!

Comment

Confirm it is Mr Cameron

Originally posted by Guttersnipe View Post
        Is that a typo or really "PM". If so, cracking!
        Yes, David Cameron is my local MP. When I went gloves off with him in the Summer at a local constituency surgery I mentioned the HMRC lies and deceit. He suggested there were avenues to pursue this and huge thanks to NTRT for taking up this option.

Comment

happy friday

Yes, David Cameron is my local MP. When I went gloves off with him in the Summer at a local constituency surgery I mentioned the HMRC lies and deceit. He suggested there were avenues to pursue this and huge thanks to NTRT for taking up this option.
          fantastic work NormalBoke, I know it must have seem fairly daunting to meet him, but a letter from him along with all the other actions is what will hopefully bring about a thorough investigation at HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
            fantastic work NormalBoke, I know it must have seem fairly daunting to meet him, but a letter from him along with all the other actions is what will hopefully bring about a thorough investigation at HMRC
            Maybe the complaint against HMRC will give the politicians a way out of this mess. They could do the right thing and reverse BN66 and blame someone within HMRC.

Comment

Normalbloke. Were you able to gauge the extent of Cameron's support?
              Gauke and Osbourne did a complete u-turn on us.
              Does Cameron agree we have been unfairly singled out or is his view that we are tax dodging scum and his support just extends to ensuring HMRC followed correct protocol in pursuing us?
              Last edited by screwthis; 29 November 2013, 11:27.

Comment

Positive Feedback

+1. My MP will write as well.

Thanks once again to everyone at NTRT

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup View Post
                  Maybe the complaint against HMRC will give the politicians a way out of this mess. They could do the right thing and reverse BN66 and blame someone within HMRC.

WHS +1

Also, my MP has promised to write as well
                  Last edited by WelshRarebit; 29 November 2013, 11:39. Reason: Added info

Comment

Summary of DC meeting last April

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
                    Normalbloke. Were you able to gauge the extent of Cameron's support?
                    Gauke and Osbourne did a complete u-turn on us.
                    Does Cameron agree we have been unfairly singled out or is his view that we are tax dodging scum and his support just extends to ensuring HMRC followed correct protocol in pursuing us?
                    I posted a summary after the event...http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post1723959

Comment

Another MP in Suuport

Originally posted by WelshRarebit View Post
                      WHS +1

Also, my MP has promised to write as well
                      Received a reply from Ian Murray (Labour) indicating support and that he would be writing to Lin Homer as well. he has provided good support all through.

Comment

Working...
                      X