• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dieselpower View Post
    When were you handed these letters please? And by whom? And did those letters actually confirm our position that they never told us the scheme didn't work until may 2007?
    Received letters in January, some from the Special Investigations & others from Local Compliance Individuals & Public Bodies They just mention that they tend to enquire into the returns, later ones from 2008 requesting making payment on account and the scheme didn't work due to the retrospective 'CLARIFICATION' bill.
    MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Originally posted by moira under the stairs View Post
      Received letters in January, some from the Special Investigations & others from Local Compliance Individuals & Public Bodies They just mention that they tend to enquire into the returns, later ones from 2008 requesting making payment on account and the scheme didn't work due to the retrospective 'CLARIFICATION' bill.
      I presume you received these letters as a result of you requesting proof that they'd opened enquiries into your returns?

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        I presume you received these letters as a result of you requesting proof that they'd opened enquiries into your returns?
        That is correct
        MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

I just sent off a bog-standard request under the Data Protection Act asking for copies of data that they hold on me. I was expecting to get back a bundle of some kind as other people have reported receiving. Instead, as I say, was fobbed off totally.

Comment

Originally posted by Morlock View Post
            I just sent off a bog-standard request under the Data Protection Act asking for copies of data that they hold on me. I was expecting to get back a bundle of some kind as other people have reported receiving. Instead, as I say, was fobbed off totally.
            ohh that request... yes I was fobbed off on that one also.

The stuff I did receive as DR indicates was for another request I put forward for the CN's.

The reason they are asking YOU where you expect it to be is because they don't know.. as it doesn't exist.
            Last edited by moira under the stairs; 2 May 2012, 16:42.
            MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Originally posted by Morlock View Post
              Ahhh yes, that FOI request. I didn't send that one and thought you meant the CN info as well - my mistake.

Comment

Letter to David Tredinnick MP (Cons)

I sent a letter to my MP, David Tredinnick (Cons), along the format as advised (with my own personal circumstances added in) complete with the Briefing Note.

My wife also wrote her own letter to him (that I enclosed in a separate envelope) describing the emotional, physical and psychological stress that this is putting our whole family through. She didn't go into any of the S58/BN66 facts, as they're in my letter, but gave her very personal view of our honest and ethical lifestyle compared to what has been done to us and the effect it is having on our relationship and our 4 children.

I don't know how he'll respond, and I'm expecting the standard template response with no acknowledgement of my request for a meeting, but let's see. A few MPs are aware enough, and ethical enough, to actually want to take this further.

They know it's wrong as much as we do, we just have to keep the pressure on so it gets to a higher level than the pressure that is stopping them.

GripRacing

Comment

Civil service tax loopholes: Thousands on special contracts

Just on the BBC News website:

BBC News - Civil service tax loopholes: Thousands on special contracts

Quote: "More than 2,000 public-sector workers could be avoiding the full rate of income tax through special contracts, government research has found.

An investigation was ordered after a civil servant was found to be getting paid £182,000 without deductions for tax or National Insurance"

So... so... <sigh> I'm lost for words. Anyone think that any of these '2,000 public-sector workers' are investigating us?
                  Last edited by GripRacing; 2 May 2012, 18:19.

Comment

What do Hector and Rupert have in common

They don't have a clue how the real world works! Hence IR35 and BN66. They need to clean up their own house don't they and then see how much more it will cost them opps US the taxpayer.
                    Cutting off their noses to spite their faces comes to mind.

Who thinks Hector is Unfit to run HMRC after all Hector like Rupert also mislead parliament and is doing a Cover up.

Comment

Originally posted by GripRacing View Post
                      Just on the BBC News website:

BBC News - Civil service tax loopholes: Thousands on special contracts

Quote: "More than 2,000 public-sector workers could be avoiding the full rate of income tax through special contracts, government research has found.

An investigation was ordered after a civil servant was found to be getting paid £182,000 without deductions for tax or National Insurance"

So... so... <sigh> I'm lost for words. Anyone think that any of these '2,000 public-sector workers' are investigating us?
                      Of course, they will be asked to pay their fair share of tax RETROSPECTIVELY (NOT)!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X