• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TalkingCheese View Post
    At best it would have been something like that I reckon. Trouble is that the glitch seems to be the crux of Sheldon/Parker/Osborne/Gauke's justification for legitimate expectation. Hopefully with enough people passing MPs and co enough facts, the penny will drop.
    Facts!!! what have they got to do with anything, its the way they are spun that counts in Parliment.
    MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Advice

Dear All: in cases where we are being Gauked, its essential to write back direct to gauke and also to your MP demanding explicit clear and precise answers to the exact questions you have posed.

Do not be put off by The Gauke template - the more he spills out such crap the stupider he is going to look when the truth outs - so please just keep on bombarding him + your MP.

The main and central issues are: (in no order)
      1. No standard Impact Assessment carried out - see K017; in breach of important Rees Rules.
      2. Jane Kennedy told MP's that "It was signalled well in advance that such a [retro] step would be taken" (para 17, doc G002) - complete nonsense, and a vital point because HMRC Protocol and Rees Rules dictate that clear notice of imminent reto action SHOULD be given
      3. Gauke's under the mad illusion that we were warned "throughout" that the scheme didnt work - again complete nonsense - see H006 and A005
      4. HMRC's behaviour was abominable - they led us to believe that they were taking 4 cases to the Tax courts, and said nothing further until they had managed to convince Jane kennedy et al to enact BN66 - see H006
      5. HMRC knew about and published details of scheme in 1993 (at the LATEST) - and left it 14 years to tell us that it didnt work - ie entrapment of the worst kind - see I009

And of course
      6. Gauke was one of s58's main opponents - see N002 and K010.
      Join the campaign at
      http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

I've replied to my MP concerning Mr Gauke's misleading and confused letter. The letter is pretty unbelievable given all that he said in 2008. I wrote a point by point rebuttal of the contradictions within the letter, with his earlier position and with the facts. I used quotes of what he'd said in 2008, what TN63 said and enclosed the timeline. For each point I've asked a question to hopefully be answered by Mr Gauke. Hopefully I'll get a proper reply this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dieselpower View Post
          Dear All: in cases where we are being Gauked, its essential to write back direct to gauke and also to your MP demanding explicit clear and precise answers to the exact questions you have posed.

Do not be put off by The Gauke template - the more he spills out such crap the stupider he is going to look when the truth outs - so please just keep on bombarding him + your MP.

The main and central issues are: (in no order)
          1. No standard Impact Assessment carried out - see K017; in breach of important Rees Rules.
          2. Jane Kennedy told MP's that "It was signalled well in advance that such a [retro] step would be taken" (para 17, doc G002) - complete nonsense, and a vital point because HMRC Protocol and Rees Rules dictate that clear notice of imminent reto action SHOULD be given
          3. Gauke's under the mad illusion that we were warned "throughout" that the scheme didnt work - again complete nonsense - see H006 and A005
          4. HMRC's behaviour was abominable - they led us to believe that they were taking 4 cases to the Tax courts, and said nothing further until they had managed to convince Jane kennedy et al to enact BN66 - see H006
          5. HMRC knew about and published details of scheme in 1993 (at the LATEST) - and left it 14 years to tell us that it didnt work - ie entrapment of the worst kind - see I009

And of course
          6. Gauke was one of s58's main opponents - see N002 and K010.
          Maybe we should wait for the Letter DR is about to put out from Whitehouse Consultancy lets all play the Boiler Plate Letter game...
          MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Originally posted by moira under the stairs View Post
            Received the same boiler plate letter from my MP today, Gauke has not answered any of the questions that I put before him, including his refutal of BN66, standard fob off little person....
            It's unlikely anyone in HMT even reads the letters. They see it's about S58 and just send the standard reply.

You could insert "Does Mr Gauke like cock?" in the middle of your letter and you'd still get the same reply.

It wouldn't surprise me if they send the same response when we followup with Whitehouse's next letter.

This is the nature of the game and, as the former Minister told us this morning, we just need to keep sending letter after letter after letter after letter...

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
              It's unlikely anyone in HMT even reads the letters. They see it's about S58 and just send the standard reply.

You could insert "Does Mr Gauke like cock?" in the middle of your letter and you'd still get the same reply.

It wouldn't surprise me if they send the same response when we followup with Whitehouse's next letter.

This is the nature of the game and, as the former Minister told us this morning, we just need to keep sending letter after letter after letter after letter...
              When will 'our' initial template letter be ready or should I pen my own ?
              Last edited by moira under the stairs; 1 May 2012, 19:30. Reason: typo
              MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Originally posted by moira under the stairs View Post
                When will 'our' initial template letter be ready or should I pen my own ?
                Before the end of the week but certainly feel free to pen your own.

The trouble with going to the effort of writing your own letter is that it is even more frustrating when they don't address the points raised.

Whitehouse are impervious to this.

Comment

Before the end of the week but certainly feel free to pen your own.

The trouble with going to the effort of writing your own letter is that it is even more frustrating when they don't address the points raised.

Whitehouse are impervious to this.
                  Ok I'll wait.. I'll just tease my MP with a phone call stating that a letter is in the post
                  MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

You'd have got a different reply in 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Disgusted of Coventry View Post

You'd have got a different reply in 2008.
                      To paraphrase a well know letter, Mr Gauke has always made it clear that he liked it.
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X