• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
    A busy month coming up.

We've got the event next Tuesday in Parliament, and meeting with Treasury officials the week after.

Onwards and upwards...
    Here's hoping for happier times this year.

Comment

A busy month coming up.

We've got the event next Tuesday in Parliament, and meeting with Treasury officials the week after.

Onwards and upwards...
      Happy New Year to you and NTRT who've worked so hard on our behalf, and to all on the forum (bar HMRC trolls obviously).

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
        Happy New Year to you and NTRT who've worked so hard on our behalf, and to all on the forum (bar HMRC trolls obviously).
        +1 WHS.

Comment

Happy New Year

Here's to a very Happy 2013!

Do we need to send any reminders to MPs about next week's event? Or are they already being sent by NTRT?

Comment

Originally posted by Boycie View Post
            Do we need to send any reminders to MPs about next week's event? Or are they already being sent by NTRT?
            Whitehouse have already got this in hand.

Comment

Whitehouse have already got this in hand.
              As I have not heard from my MP I have sent him a chaser email - and I am going to starting calling if I don't get a response. Its good Whitehouse are chasing up but IMO we should be chasing up too.

Comment

Sorry for becoming a lurker...

Happy New Year and thanks for all the hard work that's been done! I must apologise though as it is easy to watch from the background and not pull any weight at all - so new donation made and survey filled in (at last).

Comment

Originally posted by redkieran View Post
                  Happy New Year and thanks for all the hard work that's been done! I must apologise though as it is easy to watch from the background and not pull any weight at all - so new donation made and survey filled in (at last).
                  Good on you.

Thanks!
                  DR

Comment

Bad News

Happy New Year to everyone.

I had a letter from HMRC dated 21 December 2012 with the following heading "Check Self Assessment Tax Return - Year ending 5 April 2011". When the law changed in March 2008 I then moved onto the loans scheme with Montpelier until November 2010. It seems that HMRC are now going to investigate me for that the period of 2010/11. HMRC have attached a copy of the letter that they have sent to Montpelier requesting various explanations.

Has anyone else received a similar letter?

Comment

Me too.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      As I have not heard from my MP I have sent him a chaser email - and I am going to starting calling if I don't get a response. Its good Whitehouse are chasing up but IMO we should be chasing up too.
                      I also sent a reminder email to my Tory MP as I've just had Gauke's responses forwarded on from him recently.

Grip

Comment

Working...
                      X