• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation from Jacob Rees-Mogg that he will be sending a member of his staff to the briefing on 8th Jan.

Comment

Been badgering my MP, Ben Wallace, Lancaster & Wyre re Gauke, HMRC twats and BN66 for ages. Written back to me today to say he is aware of the Parliamentary briefing on 8 January and will try his best to attend.

He seemed to be going cold towards my constant emails but Im reasonably pleased with his response.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Some festive cheer from the NTRT Steering Group

Dear all,

It's that time of year again, and what better way to bring some festive cheer than a new document outlining how low our friends at HMRC have stooped.

The Steering Group have been working very hard on your behalf to produce a document that proves:

1) Our arrangement was simply tax planning and NOT Tax Avoidance.
        2) HMRC grossly misled Parliament in 2008.

So pour yourself a glass of mulled wine, get a real log fire going and dive into our latest read which can be found here:

Key Documents | No To Retrospective Taxation

Scroll down and look for the document highlighted "new" (reference A013) - available to members only.

If you haven't yet joined NoToRetroTax, I urge you to, as this month the newsletter will only be sent to members. If you are in financial difficulties, please don't let this put you off joining - something can always be worked out for genuine hardship cases.

Wishing you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Cheers

Santa

P.S. Please note this document is not for distribution outside our membership... not just yet anyway!
        Last edited by SantaClaus; 22 December 2012, 22:59.
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          Dear all,

It's that time of year again, and what better way to bring some festive cheer than a new document outlining how low our friends at HMRC have stooped.

The Steering Group have been working very hard on your behalf to produce a document that proves:

So pour yourself a glass of mulled wine, get a real log fire going and dive into our latest read which can be found here:

Scroll down and look for the document highlighted "new" (reference A013) - available to members only.

If you haven't yet joined NoToRetroTax, I urge you to, as this month the newsletter will only be sent to members. If you are in financial difficulties, please don't let this put you off joining - something can always be worked out for genuine hardship cases.

Cheers

Santa
          And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, Mrs Claus and the Elves. All that and toy manufacturing as well, you've been busy! A good, and cheering read of distilled fact and not the bull we get from certain MPs and Treasury Ministers.

Comment

Share with mp?

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
            Dear all,

Cheers

Santa
            Just wanted to check, can I share this document with my MP?

I have emailed him twice about briefing, but not replied yet. This hopefully would provide encouragement to attend.

Good to get this before Christmas, Santa has delivered a great present.

Thanks everyone for the endless effort in trying to right a dreadful wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
              Just wanted to check, can I share this document with my MP?

I have emailed him twice about briefing, but not replied yet. This hopefully would provide encouragement to attend.

Good to get this before Christmas, Santa has delivered a great present.

Thanks everyone for the endless effort in trying to right a dreadful wrong.
              Hi Buzby, could we ask that you (and all other members) keep the document private for now.

Cheers.

Santa
              Last edited by SantaClaus; 22 December 2012, 22:58.

Comment

Thank you

A big vote of thanks to Santa Claus and the NTRT Team - that latest document is a cracking read - a silver bullet I very much hope. Can't wait to see how this develops in the New Year.

Meantime, Happy Christmas everyone. This site and its discussions and banter have helped keep me sane this year.

Onwards and upwards!

Comment

Article on ft.com this morning, i got it via google alert but couldnt get to article as not registered, nicely timed happy Christmas all:

Montpelier tax plan investors face probe
                  Financial Times
                  HMRC has sent letters to various clients of Montpelier Tax Consultants, a planning firm, warning them that they are being investigated

Comment

December 24th Member's Newsletter

NTRT Members should have received a copy of the latest Dec 24th newsletter by now.

I have uploaded the newsletter to the members area, should anyone not have received it.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas once again.

Santa

Comment

DG Reply

Got a reply from HM Treasury, via my MP, signed by David Gauke:

Basic points made are :
                      - he chose to use wholly artificial scheme to avoid the tax due
                      - HMRC do not accept as misleading or inaccurate information.
                      - Prev Govt gave full consideration and he (DG) does not propose to "disturb this outcome".
                      - Treasury officials are meeting the campaign organisers. But will not focus on wider aspects raised by them.

I will send the original letter to NTRT.

Has anyone received this or similar reply at all?

:-(

Comment

Working...
                      X