• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My MP or researcher will also be attending the briefing.

Comment

Letter & Survey

- MP Invitation sent.
      - Survey completed.
      - Further donation sadly on hold pending funds but will so so as soon as possible.

Great work everybody.

Comment

Survey done, joined NTRT, MP Invitation sent.

MP Invitation sent.
        Survey completed.
        Donation made

Merry Xmas everybody
        Warlord

Comment

money owed by hmrc

does anyone have any tips on how to try and get the money back currently owed to me by HMRC - so far all has failed... PM me if necessary - cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Cornish Cream View Post
            does anyone have any tips on how to try and get the money back currently owed to me by HMRC - so far all has failed... PM me if necessary - cheers
            Other people have got refunds, so HMRC certainly have the discretion to do this. However, it seems to vary from office to office.

In some cases HMRC have done it without any fuss. In others, people have had to badger them to get it.

One person ended up having to plead with them that he was desperate, and on the verge of a mental breakdown, before they relented.

Don't give up and keep on at them.

Comment

E-mail to MP

E-Mail to Ian Murray (Labour) MP : he has confirmed back that he will be attending on 8th January - in line with his previous (up to now positive) correspondence. Survey completed as well. Donation to be made later on this month when in funds. Well done NTRT and hope you and all have a better 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                Other people have got refunds, so HMRC certainly have the discretion to do this. However, it seems to vary from office to office.

In some cases HMRC have done it without any fuss. In others, people have had to badger them to get it.

One person ended up having to plead with them that he was desperate, and on the verge of a mental breakdown, before they relented.

Don't give up and keep on at them.
                My experience :

I tried since Mar 12 for some refunds from 07-08 onwards upto last year.
                I rang them every 4-6 weeks to be told I'd hear withing a week or so... But no...
                Finally I wrote a letter in Oct and things started moving... finally my account got adjusted with the refund (even though I asked for a cheque refund).
                They won't consider 07-08 as an inquiry is open... So I'd have to wait forever!

Hope this helps.

Comment

You should contact NW at montp about this. She is brilliant and has had alot of success.

Comment

could you pm me her email address please

Comment

could you pm me her email address please
                      I don't think the email address is secret :

<mod snip. The email address may not be a secret, but neither is it to be placed here. Contact MontP if you want them in future.>

Both highly recommended, very knowledgeable and helpful.

BP

Comment

Working...
                      X