• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I assume if a CTD stops earning interest after 6 years on, then HMRC stop charging interest after 6 years on a disputed tax bill? Surely it works both ways! Oh no hold on, I forget we live in a real world orwellian animal farm.

Comment

So what happens when an old-style 6 year limit CTD expires. Does the interest start accruing from 6years+1day, so there is at least some benefit in retaining it - although interest bills will now start to grow - or is it effectively cashed in automatically, losing all the benefits of ever having bought it in the first place.

Comment

I've never heard of old and new-style CTDs. I'm certainly not aware of any changes since 2008.

https://www.gov.uk/certificate-of-tax-deposit-scheme

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
          I would add a little colour.

The current series of CTD's operate as the previous poster advised. The immediately preceding series did not and did have an expiry date.

If you're not sure which one you have, ask HMRC.

If you want to preserve the interest on overdue tax protection AND interest on any cash being repaid (0.5%) then cash the CTD in on your HMRC account.
          What!?

Linkie to hmrc site that supports this assertion please!
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

sorry to hear of the ctd confusion.

glad I stuck the money on my flexible mortgage instead of a ctd

#interestrateswap

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
              sorry to hear of the ctd confusion.

glad I stuck the money on my flexible mortgage instead of a ctd

#interestrateswap
              There is no confusion, just one guy who appears to have got the wrong end of the stick, and the CTD has stopped interest accruing at high rates in the past but reducing a flexible mortgage is an alternative.
              Last edited by Retro; 4 February 2015, 12:36.

Comment

Interest CTD

[QUOTE=smalldog;2051559]So I assume if a CTD stops earning interest after 6 years on, then HMRC stop charging interest after 6 years on a disputed tax bill? Surely it works both ways! Oh no hold on, I forget we live in a real world orwellian animal farm.[/QU

Of course they want our money for free, and we have to pay interest, just like loans/debt from their banster buddies. Bansters also can have our money lent to them interest free from our govmt. How else would they control us and keep us in debt slavery.

All seems like a bunch of made up rules with no reasoning, rational or logic behind it.

Comment

Come all without, come all within. You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.

This year I am doing a Manfred Mann and attempting a Continuous Quin - a 12.5 mile swim, 560 mile cycle followed by a 130 mile run. This will be unsupported which is an extra challenge in itself. And I will be using cheap equipment - my wetsuit cost £200 and my bike £300.

https://www.justgiving.com/AndrewNeil1/

I hope you are all well?

Comment

Originally posted by Laxmi View Post
                    All seems like a bunch of made up rules with no reasoning, rational or logic behind it.
                    A bit like rugby then?

Comment

Very interesting news letter! Sorry, can only afford a small donation at this time but its a tesco!
                      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                      X