• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Silly question - should we be discussing the contents of survey publicly? Might we give some of the game away?
    WHS, discussing this publicly could potentially weaken our hand.

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
      WHS, discussing this publicly could potentially weaken our hand.
      HMRC already know a discussion is imminent on the matter so providing the results of the survey are kept confidential and everybody who completes it doesn't advertise their answers on this forum I wouldn't have thought it would make any difference...

Excellent newsletter BTW, and like others have said, the best news we've heard for quite some time...

Oh, and survey completed...

Comment

Hi all

I don't think it's given away any valuable info, so I wouldn't worry.

But obviously, please don't discuss the contents of our newsletter on this public forum.

Thanks

Santa
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

On a separate note, an enquiry notice into my 2013 tax return landed on my doorstep this morning, claiming I had self employed income through an EBT.

The Christmas Eve timing always amazes me, considering HMRC are a slow lumbering machine.
          Obviously they did this to keep me worrying over the entire Christmas period.

Unfortunately for them, I didn't earn a penny in that tax year

What's interesting is the letter confirms to me that HMRC will often play bluff with information they do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup
            Admins can't we remove this post as it contains confidential information?
            Please delete....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Silly question - should we be discussing the contents of survey publicly? Might we give some of the game away?
              How can it be giving anything away when HMRC have agreed to a meeting so know whats going on?

Personally, I found it difficult to determine what was acceptable without an indication of what was deemed acceptable.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                How can it be giving anything away when HMRC have agreed to a meeting so know whats going on?

Personally, I found it difficult to determine what was acceptable without an indication of what was deemed acceptable.
                Maybe, but it doesn't make sense to me to go into negotiations with the other side already knowing what you'd agree to.

Comment

I agree it's confusing to decide what can and cannot be said on this forum. It's expected that everything in our newsletter will come out eventually. But for now, it's nice to have a bit of privacy between us and our members and let our members know what's going on before everyone else.

Also, you can rest assured that anything that really does need to stay confidential (such as legal opinions) have not been published in the newsletter.

Right, I'm off to eat some mince pies. Then I have some deliveries to make.

Signing off for now and a very Merry Christmas.

Santa

Comment

applicability

Hi All,

In an effort to obviously withhold contents of the newsletter, the post may seem somewhat vague, bear with me.

The news is somewhat tainted in that it is not clear who exactly on the scheme it will benefit; what is clear, is that it will not apply to all.

I understand each individuals circumstance can be somewhat unique; but the fact is the product is pretty much the same; which leads me to believe that the point(s) being discussed are very technical in nature and will have limited scope in terms of who can benefit.

I hope I am totally wrong here; it is a shame as it seems like excellent progress.

Can anyone advise if we can get confirmation on applicability of the point being raised to our own individual circumstance?

Please PM me if required.

Thanks
                    Banchini

Comment

Sorry I don't know how to respond.

I hope I didn't upset anyone - I was just asking.

I think it is no secret that I have no cash though!

A very merry Christmas to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X