• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Christmas everyone! Lets hope we all have a prosperous and positive 2015!

Thanks for newsletter guys, survey done.

Comment

Originally posted by banchini View Post
      Hi All,

In an effort to obviously withhold contents of the newsletter, the post may seem somewhat vague, bear with me.

The news is somewhat tainted in that it is not clear who exactly on the scheme it will benefit; what is clear, is that it will not apply to all.

I understand each individuals circumstance can be somewhat unique; but the fact is the product is pretty much the same; which leads me to believe that the point(s) being discussed are very technical in nature and will have limited scope in terms of who can benefit.

I hope I am totally wrong here; it is a shame as it seems like excellent progress.

Can anyone advise if we can get confirmation on applicability of the point being raised to our own individual circumstance?

Please PM me if required.

Thanks
      Banchini
      It only applies if your name is George

Comment

Survey done and thanks NTRT for the effort. The Flame of Hope still burns.

Nice Xmas and NY to all members.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Sorry I don't know how to respond.

I hope I didn't upset anyone - I was just asking.

I think it is no secret that I have no cash though!

A very merry Christmas to everyone.
          No you didnt upset anyone \ me.

Apologies if you thought I was 'avin' a go'
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Survey Completed

Let us hope that 2015 does bring closure to this long running saga.

Just like to wish all a very happy and healthy 2015...

Comment

Originally posted by petergw View Post
              Let us hope that 2015 does bring closure to this long running saga.
              If we win - great. If we lose - some will agree, some will disagree. Some want time.

Originally posted by petergw View Post
              Just like to wish all a very happy and healthy 2015...
              We can all agree on this. Except to those from HMRC...

Comment

We've had an excellent response to the survey so far.

Please keep them coming.

Thanks
                DR

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                  We've had an excellent response to the survey so far.

Please keep them coming.

Thanks
                  DR
                  Hi Dr, could you or someone answer please my previous post regarding "the time to pay", is it only one year? Rgds and have a great New Year

Comment

Originally posted by warlord View Post
                    Hi Dr, could you or someone answer please my previous post regarding "the time to pay", is it only one year? Rgds and have a great New Year
                    It seems only in exceptional circumstances will they grant more than 12 months to pay.

You need time to pay « TaxAid

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                      It seems only in exceptional circumstances will they grant more than 12 months to pay.

You need time to pay « TaxAid
                      Ok thanks this is a key fact, even a small percentage of my 130k liability over one year will kill me. I need payment terms of 5 years or more, else I will go bust. So will have to vote for can't pay.......

Comment

Working...
                      X