• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone from Whitehouse fancy a few informed editorials here

Here Is The City's Looking For Guest Columnists
    Lord Clyde in 1929: ‘No man is under the smallest obligation, moral or other, so to arrange his legal relations to his business or to his property as to enable the Revenue to put the largest possible shovel into his stores. The Revenue is not slow to take every advantage which is open to it under the taxing statutes for the purpose of depleting the taxpayer’s pocket. And the taxpayer is entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Revenue.’

Comment

Originally posted by moira under the stairs View Post

Their wrong..... their running scared...... they can't hide now....,
      They're

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
        They're
        MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

squatting

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
          The completely anti retro Mr A has totally ignored me, bloody useless turncoat. What a waste of space, loses my vote! He seems to have turned to the dark side, emperor Gauke has turned him into a Sith.

Oh and Im sick of putting my life on hold, im moving home, buying a new home for my new family with the missus, were due in March. Not going to let HMRC, I mean Gauke, put my entire life on hold while they F about for the next god knows how many years dragging this mess out. What will be will be, me sitting here waiting for it to happen wont change the outcome.

Oh and if we do eventually lose and they try and bankrupt me and try to take my home from my new family. I would like to use Mr Charlton Hestons famous NRA statement:

pry it from my cold, dead hands

and he was only talking about his rifle, not a family home for a retrospective tax law. My god the thought of some of the consequences and potential outcomes of this whole thing are actually quite scary! I really cant see a lot of people happily handing over keys to their homes if it comes to it, have they even thought of that I wonder.
          I wonder... there seem to be no sensible laws whatsoever to get squatters out, I wonder if you can simply squat in your own home and waive bogus tenancy agreements around (works for a lot of people!), would probably take hector 20 years to work out that they told you all along that it wasn't your home and another 15 to do something that isn't illegal - could probably use human rights to stay in another 6 years quite legitimately - by which time we'll all be senile!! Then as we'll have no assets they'll have to pay for our nursing home as we won't have bothered saving anything before getting Alzheimers, arthritis etc.
          The Cat

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
            They're
            Good call. That annoyed me as well but I restrained myself from commenting.

Whilst we are on the subject can people stop saying "MP's".
            It's not possessive nor is it a contraction.

thanks

Comment

Olympic Tax Swindle

For those who haven’t already seen this:

The Great Olympic tax swindle | Blog | False Economy
              SAY NO TO RETROSPECTIVE TAX

Comment

Contact at Montpelier for Closure Notice

Hi All,

Does anyone have a contact at Montpelier apart from TQ or NW ? I've got a closure notice which needs appealing in the next 2.5 weeks but they both seem to be out of office at the moment !

Appreciate any guidance,

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by screwthis View Post
                  Good call. That annoyed me as well but I restrained myself from commenting.

Whilst we are on the subject can people stop saying "MP's".
                  It's not possessive nor is it a contraction.

thanks
                  You mean writing !! we all make mistakes from time to time (Glass Houses come to mind)
                  Last edited by moira under the stairs; 21 August 2012, 11:49.
                  MUTS likes it Hot

Comment

Originally posted by GBHuhd View Post
                    Hi All,

Does anyone have a contact at Montpelier apart from TQ or NW ? I've got a closure notice which needs appealing in the next 2.5 weeks but they both seem to be out of office at the moment !

Appreciate any guidance,

Thanks
                    NW not officially back from MAT leave till 3/9 - but will be covering Tony's holidays. Emails should be sent to NW's email address as usual - out of office may be on but everything will be dealt with.

Don't worry - NW can multitask! She will feed the baby with one hand and appeal with the other!

And a georgeous baby too - just like dad......

Comment

Originally posted by moira under the stairs View Post
                      You mean writing !! we all make mistakes from time to time (Glass Houses come to mind)
                      Whose going to do the patronising can't we stop bickering post in response to this...seeing as it's normally you?

Comment

Working...
                      X