• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone recommend an accountant for a first-time contractor? I'm very new to all this (I have a couple of outside-IR35 contracts) - no idea what I'm doing with dividends, self-assessments, and all that. I'm with BI who set me up on FreeAgent which I've got running and in order but otherwise they are not helpful at all - maybe you get what you pay for - willing to pay a bit more for some help or advice to be honest. EDIT: do I lose all my FreeAgent work if I move to another accountant? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by sergeantpluck View Post
      Can anyone recommend an accountant for a first-time contractor? I'm very new to all this (I have a couple of outside-IR35 contracts) - no idea what I'm doing with dividends, self-assessments, and all that. I'm with BI who set me up on FreeAgent which I've got running and in order but otherwise they are not helpful at all - maybe you get what you pay for - willing to pay a bit more for some help or advice to be honest. EDIT: do I lose all my FreeAgent work if I move to another accountant? Thank you.
      I use Churchill Knight have done since 2013, they are more expensive than most but they seem very very efficient, only compared to what I hear from other contractors stories about other accountants though as I have no comparison really.

I will happily recommend CK

Comment

I use Gorilla Accounting. They use FreeAgent, with same day response guarantee and direct dial of my accountant helps massively.

Comment

My current accountant Intouch are putting their fees up to £115+VAT. Looking around for alternatives.

Qauestion for ex-Intouch client's who've moved to Gorllia Accounting, in terms of services offered they look pretty much the same apart from Intouch includes "Registered Office address service". Am I missing anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by chineseJohn View Post
            My current accountant Intouch are putting their fees up to £115+VAT. Looking around for alternatives.

Qauestion for ex-Intouch client's who've moved to Gorllia Accounting, in terms of services offered they look pretty much the same apart from Intouch includes "Registered Office address service". Am I missing anything else?
            I think Gorilla Accounting charge £10 plus VAT for registered office. It still works out better price wise with Gorilla Accounting. I have not used Intouch so cannot comment on their service but Gorilla Accounting uses FreeAgent which most of the contractors like me prefer as its easy to use.

Comment

I’m sorry to hear of your recent experience, as a company we strive to ensure all of our clients receive a personal service which both informs you of what is required in the year to come and also ensures you are being as efficient as possible with your company. Please could you DM me so I can look into this further and get any issues resolved straightaway.

Comment

You will not have DM privileges until you have passed moderation (6 posts).
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  You will not have DM privileges until you have passed moderation (6 posts).
                  Also a) told us if you like gladiators and b) posted in General and survived.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Also a) told us if you like gladiators and b) posted in General and survived.
                    Can't remember if I passed this test?

I've DM'd sergeantpluck and look forward to resolving any issues they may have.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael at BI Accountancy View Post

Can't remember if I passed this test?

I've DM'd sergeantpluck and look forward to resolving any issues they may have.
                      You bought me lunch. That will do
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X