• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New in the contract market

I am aware that this type of question has been posted here before but I hope I can get a fresh update.

I am new in Contract market and need an accountant (help with setup of a new company as well). Also need PI cover. I will appreciate recommendations please. Ideally need a "face to face" accountant but am also willing to go with online one as well.

Preference is with South London (mainly around Epsom, Sutton & Croydon) area.

Comment

Originally posted by devdeep View Post
      I am aware that this type of question has been posted here before but I hope I can get a fresh update.

I am new in Contract market and need an accountant (help with setup of a new company as well). Also need PI cover. I will appreciate recommendations please. Ideally need a "face to face" accountant but am also willing to go with online one as well.

Seeing as how you're interested and no one has replied (I would assume because there is so much discussion/information in the thread you have posted in which you could probably refer to), I can offer you contact us - DJCA Ltd. We are based in central London (just off Oxford Street), and I will be happy to discuss all points you have raised above, face to face, obligation free with you.

Comment

Happy to send someone to see you this week - feel free to PM me.

Comment

Pinnacle Accounting and Tax

If you fancy being charged £234.00 a month, try Pinnacle Accounting and Tax. I wasn't aware of charges when I started contracting and it was all done very quicold. Watch out.

Comment

Linden accounting services.
            We have contractors based all over the country: from London to Scotland and even overseas. We are based in Manchester/Stockport, everything these days can be done electronically and over the phone. The difference is that it will cost you less and you will receive a very high level of personal service and advice for which we do not charge extra. We charge on a flat fee basis. Take a look at the link.
            Last edited by administrator; 4 November 2015, 08:25. Reason: Link removed - see the site terms.

Comment

Does anyone have experience with AccountsNet? Cheap at £65 but I wonder if any corners are being cut?

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan View Post
                Hey folks - anybody with ClearSky? They're run by the same guys who do Parasol (the umbrella company), out of Poole. I used to do umbrella with them ages ago so I just moved to their limited accountancy side and they gave me a couple of decent offers.
                Only 18 months late...

I'm with Clearsky. Been with them since their Duncan Strike / Quay Accounting days (having previously been with JSA).

Occasionally I gripe to myself about their fees - £144 - (but if I'm out of contract for a month they waive that month's fees). They have a portal (not perfect but adequate), they even prepare my personal tax return. No complaints really. I'd like them to be cheaper obviously, but that was once my justification for switching from Tesco Broadband to Talk Talk, which was an experience I won't forget in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
                  Only 18 months late...

I'm with Clearsky. Been with them since their Duncan Strike / Quay Accounting days (having previously been with JSA).

Occasionally I gripe to myself about their fees - £144 - (but if I'm out of contract for a month they waive that month's fees). They have a portal (not perfect but adequate), they even prepare my personal tax return. No complaints really. I'd like them to be cheaper obviously, but that was once my justification for switching from Tesco Broadband to Talk Talk, which was an experience I won't forget in a hurry.
                  Thank you for this Would like to hear more of your thought's as they seem to be offer quite a few service levels..

Comment

PM sent outlining the package I am on and divide between what account does / I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafd View Post
                      Does anyone have experience with AccountsNet? Cheap at £65 but I wonder if any corners are being cut?

Cheers!
                      Hi - We are Chartered Accountants and also IPSE accredited.

Our £65 service is full featured: Company accounts, taxation, payroll, Vat, Paye, dedicated accountant, All HMRC paperwork handled, free registered office address etc.

We've been running for almost 20 years and we don't cut any corners.

If you still have questions, then contact me and I'll be happy to go through the full list of included services.

Comment

Working...
                      X