• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey folks - anybody with ClearSky? They're run by the same guys who do Parasol (the umbrella company), out of Poole. I used to do umbrella with them ages ago so I just moved to their limited accountancy side and they gave me a couple of decent offers.
    Last edited by KayMan; 1 August 2014, 13:36.

Comment

Hi - does anyone here use MyFD as their accountants? Wondering if they're any good...

Comment

Originally posted by hamario View Post
        Hi - does anyone here use MyFD as their accountants? Wondering if they're any good...
        Hi Hamario

Not heard much about them myself although they do seem quite expensive (£85+VAT for the 'lite' package and £130+VAT for normal package) but that's quite subjective.

However, the following would put me off using their normal package (taken from their website:

Additional bookkeeping service (reducing your administration time and hassle)
        Invoice preparation and issuing service
        Invoice payment, reconciliation and cash collection service
        Direct payment of VAT and PAYE/NIC to HMRC from collected funds
        Payment of collected funds direct to your company's bank account
        Payment of a specific corporation tax reserve to a segregated bank account
        Separate activity and reconciliation statement emailed to you monthly
        This sounds like they are straying close to the MSC legislation so do some through research on this (and them of course) before making your decision.

HTH

Martin
        Contratax Ltd

Comment

Churchill Knight

Hi Guys

I am new to this forum but wanted to ask do any of you use Churchill Knight? I was recommended them when I first moved to a limited company and they have been ok on the whole. I just think they are now expensive as costs keep creeping up. It is now £150 + VAT for an all in service. I have to do my personal tax which I am ok as been doing this for years anyway. Is this expensive?

Anyone have any experience of moving accountants/admin company? Is it easy enough to do?

Any advice and help is welcome.

Thanks
          Craig

Comment

Thought I'd kick in here. I use w ww.simonsilvermyer.co.uk/ - Simon Silver-Myer Chartered Accountants. Been using them since about 2008, I think. Not necessarily the cheapest, but have provided invaluable counsel and a very personal service. Really know their stuff about freelancing - I believe they were one of the first to go through PCG certification. They use FreeAgent, but are about to change to another product, though. I mainly use them for the final accounts, I do my own payroll and VAT.
            Last edited by cojak; 4 December 2014, 07:53. Reason: Removed link

Comment

Not much point for us Freeagent users then...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

They're in discussion with IRIS about an alternative product, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by jjdarg View Post
                  They're in discussion with IRIS about an alternative product, apparently.
                  That'll probably be Kashflow then, Iris bought them not so long ago and started pushing the Kashflow service to accountants rather than the Freeagent service previously.

Martin
                  Contratax Ltd

Comment

I've been with PaperRocket for a year now and have had nothing but good experience.
                    The personal touch is really important, especially when starting out and Sarah's been extremely helpful by being super responsive and proactive when it comes to all things related to accounting.

http://www.paperrocketaccounting.com

Comment

Originally posted by jjdarg View Post
                      Thought I'd kick in here. I use w ww.simonsilvermyer.co.uk/ - Simon Silver-Myer Chartered Accountants. Been using them since about 2008, I think. Not necessarily the cheapest, but have provided invaluable counsel and a very personal service. Really know their stuff about freelancing - I believe they were one of the first to go through PCG certification. They use FreeAgent, but are about to change to another product, though. I mainly use them for the final accounts, I do my own payroll and VAT.
                      Thanks for that Simon ;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X