• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendation threads inc local requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Are there any accountants who do not use Freeagent or an online equivalent portal as an alternative ?
    SJD?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Are there any accountants who do not use Freeagent or an online equivalent portal as an alternative ?
      RHJ Accountants

and plenty others i am sure

Comment

Any "good accountant" will be able to support old school bookkeeping, however I would strongly recommend the use of modern technology!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael at BI Accountancy View Post
          Any "good accountant" will be able to support old school bookkeeping, however I would strongly recommend the use of modern technology!
          +1
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael at BI Accountancy View Post
            Any "good accountant" will recommend moving onto the more modern methods as they are proven to improve workflow. Sure the old school methods work, but it's often the case that adopting the use of software such as FreeAgent will enhance your business.

Comment

Really happy with Nixon Williams for £120 per month. Unlimited contact - so i can email them any time and they get back right away. Love their portal which shows how much taxes I owe etc. Really helpful.

I have considered between NW and local accountant recommended by my previous employer. After our first chat I realised that he is not up to date in terms of IR35. Also, he said that he would charge me extra if I would contact him too often with questions

So recommendation - go with the professionals in your field.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel99 View Post
                Really happy with Nixon Williams for £120 per month. Unlimited contact - so i can email them any time and they get back right away. Love their portal which shows how much taxes I owe etc. Really helpful.

I have considered between NW and local accountant recommended by my previous employer. After our first chat I realised that he is not up to date in terms of IR35. Also, he said that he would charge me extra if I would contact him too often with questions

So recommendation - go with the professionals in your field.
                £120 + VAT is also pretty expensive in this day and age.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

We use our own online portal designed towards Contractors - We give it free of charge.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    £120 + VAT is also pretty expensive in this day and age.
                    Thanks for comment, I am pretty sure it's £120 including VAT but i might need to double check this.

At the end of the day it's a reasonable price and as a newb I think I make a good use of their services. Not all accountants provide portal which was important to me and not all accountants consult you without restrictions.

Comment

PDS Accountancy?

Hi, I'm new to contracting and currently trying to choose an accountancy firm.

I feel the ideal firm will use Xero, be mainly online based, and be prepared to answer a lot of basic questions from me!

A contractor friend of mine (who uses a local accountant) knows someone who uses a firm called PDS Accountancy.

From their website they seem to be a perfect fit, but I trawled through this entire thread, and searched the forums, and can’f find any mention of them. Has anyone ever used or know someone who’s used PDS Accountancy? Or is it perceived as better to choose larger firms?

Many thanks for your advice!

Comment

Working...
                      X